Monday, April 18, 2005

At work early today

My Sweetie needed to get to work early this morning so here I am at work way before my boss. It is not that we rode together; my Sweetie just has a fear with me being this pregnant that something horrible will happen if I am home alone. It is completely normal. What is the harm? This means I get to leave early. No, his fear is not as pronounced with my going home from work.

Yesterday, I woke up feeling the previous two days. I was not sore, but I knew that I would have cramping issues if I tried to do the normal marathon shopping. In this respect, I cannot wait to get my body back. My mom decided she wanted to buy me my breast pump for the upcoming shower. So my Sweetie, Mom, and I all went to breakfast (wanted to make sure that I got a good meal before meeting with my group). After breakfast, my Mom and I went to BabiesRus to buy the pump. This was so much fun. She insisted that I get a model higher than I registered for because she wants me to love the pump enough to keep our little JuneBug on breast milk for as long as we can. We had fun going through the store although we were rushed to get back to the house so I could head to school. We got back in plenty of time for me to get to South Austin. My group met, for a surprisingly short amount of time yesterday (less than an hour) and divided the remaining portions of the paper. After a short nap and dinner, I finished my portion of the paper. WOO HOO.

Tonight at 11:00pm my group project is due. I will not consider it complete until the professor receives the final copy. However, we are so close. That means after tonight I only have my final three-page paper, peer evaluations, and a group presentation left for the class. The best part about yesterday was planning our presentation. I get to speak first (which I HATE), but we want to gain sympathy when they see me as pregnant as I am heehee. For my group, because we are presenting early, the class will finish on April 26th instead of May 2. That is awesome. My group discussed in depth how we are all experiencing senioritis. I did not go into why mine is worse – baby and going straight from BBA to MBA. I think that is also why I am so excited about the graduation ceremony. I want closure with school. Yes, it is long, yes it is boring, yes I will most likely cry all the way through it, but it is an important step.

Last night I worked on my paper while sitting in bed with my feet up. My Sweetie was playing his game and we were on instant messenger. He sent me little messages of how proud he is of me and how much he loves me. It makes me so happy. I would not be finishing my MBA if it wasn’t for him, he is my biggest fan.

After turning in my portion of the paper, I decided to settle down into one of my pregnancy books. This caused another stress. The stress about what we did not registered for, what we need, and what needs to be done before she arrives. Yes, we did accomplish A LOT this weekend. Yes, I feel much closer to being prepared. However, hormones are a fun ride. My Sweetie came in to get ready for bed and I listed all my thoughts about what remains for our JuneBug. He told me everything will be fine and gave me a big hug. I think I will update my spreadsheet today.

No comments: