Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bliss

I do not know how to describe my mood today other than to say Bliss. I do not mean, “oh that chocolate is so good” kind of bliss, or a Hallmark overused commercial version of bliss. I actually feel bliss. Bliss is the kind of mood when you are smiling all day and you do not even realize it – including while you pee. Bliss comes from deep within as a warm and light feeling. Being in-love or happy does not always bring bliss. However, you rarely experience bliss if you are unhappy with life.

It started this morning; I slept wonderfully and woke up in my Sweetie’s arms. I normally wake up snuggling him in some way, but today was different as we were extremely tight with our snuggles and feeling so perfect. In the shower, I was feeling so good that I could not help but sing all the way through. Oh and I am having a good hair day. A co-worker asked what I did differently. When I replied with nothing different, she said that I look different today and a good different, quickly recovering by saying that she does not believe that I normally look like ass. This caused much laughter.

Then while deciding on lunch with my Sweetie, he instant messaged me “GOD, I love you!” This made my smile HUGE. We pulled into the parking lot of our restaurant of choice at the same time. He came over to my car with a smile as big as mine was. You would think that I was someone he had not seen in years, or about to give him a lot of money, or someone with whom he is completely in-love. I guess the third is the only option heehee. He looked so blissful and so happy to see me, although it had only been three and a half hours since we last saw each other. He helped me out of the car, this was different because normally we do not arrive at our place for lunch at the same time, and held my hand tightly with one hand while loving my belly and saying hello to JuneBug with his free hand. Our lunch was perfect, food wise as well as conversation. I left the restaurant feeling fed and healthy and not stuffed and miserable. My Sweetie walked me back to my car, lingered for kisses and big smiles, and we headed back to work.

Once back at work the feeling remained. I chatted with a couple of co-worker friends and could not stop smiling. My shower is tomorrow. I do not care what I receive as far as gifts. All I care about is celebrating my JuneBug. I love that I have co-workers, family, and friends that like me enough to go to all of this trouble. I love that my co-worker says that my Sweetie and I are so obviously in love that you cannot tell that we have been together for almost thirteen years. Although I hate the opening of gifts in front of a crowd. I worry that my reaction will be too little, or too much. Moreover, I hate all the eyes on me. However, it is just a part of the party. I can't wait.

Tonight I am going shopping with my mom while my Sweetie works out, one last look for an outfit for this weekend. I have a couple of options already; I just want to look as cute as possible. Now that I know the location, I can select something appropriate. Then I am going to let some pampering begin: a bubble bath, manicure, pedicure, and facial. This week is so exciting. I posted awhile back about coloring my hair a slight shade lighter (my hair has really darkened since high school). My Sweetie requested that I leave my hair color as is, that he really likes it. So that is one less thing to worry about.

I am about to head out the door and begin the wonderful adventure home. I am still in the blissful mood. Feeling my little one kick right now makes it even better. I hope everyone has a blissful day.

No comments: