Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Crazy Life

After posting last night, I received an e-mail from a teammate. He reminds the group that the final group project is due on the 13th. I look up the assignment file and see it is the 18th. However, that is still so soon. I log into blackboard and see that my teammate was not altogether incorrect. I see conflicting deadlines, not good for a project this big – 5 days is a big deal. I have to make sure to get everything done this week. I am starting to stress badly. This weekend I also wanted to get everything done for the move on the 16th. I know it will all come together. However, it causes my stomach to go into knots. It would not be so bad but a real company is waiting for our results so we cannot slack. I will focus myself into the paperwork tonight through Friday.

Before I got pregnant, I did not believe in pregnant brain. Well, it is here and strong. I read that it happens because we become so distracted with what is happening within that silly things, like forgetting where your keys are or failing to finish reading an e-mail before replying, come into play. (My MIL sent an e-mail telling everyone her new work e-mail and phone number, I replied before reading the entire e-mail asking for the phone number.) I have noticed this and now believe. It is the sheer distraction and lack of concentration that truly gets me with this pregnant brain. I have not focused on school. I cannot get myself to do the in-depth research that I normally would not have a problem. Moreover, with the project that we are working on, I would normally enjoy it a lot.

I believe the remainder of April will be very stressful. As always, I will simply keep my nose to the grindstone and focus on the end results – GRADUATION. I am so close!!!! I must think of how I want to celebrate my most likely last graduation. I want friends and family there, of course. However, do I want a BBQ at the house, which sounds great? Actually, that sounds really great. Having everyone back at the house after graduation until who knows when. I want a big small celebration. Hope that makes sense. Now I must start the planning since it is so close.

I just cannot get over how everything is happening right now, back to back. I love it, but need to make sure that I take a moment to enjoy the process. I am graduating and having a baby – both are so wonderful. My focus is on Serif more than graduating. I also cannot believe how in love we are with this little girl. We have not even held her and she is our world. I am so ready for her, just need to get her room ready.

Sweetie and I rode into work together again. I love the extra few minutes this allows. I love my husband. I love our life and I refuse to let anyone break us. Can you tell I am hormonal today? Yes, it is so much fun.

And a moment of silence for Black Kitty – we do not know which one you were, but you will be missed. I hope you find peace under the tree.

No comments: