Friday, April 29, 2005

34 week appointment

This morning marked my 34-week appointment. I totally shocked my Sweetie this morning when I informed him of only 6 weeks until our due date. Of course, she will come when she wants to whether that is before or after her due date.

Everything looks good. I have gained a total of 5 pounds. That is awesome. Right now, they estimate that she is over 4 pounds. I was very happy to tell the doctor that my pains have been less this week. After drawing some blood, our appointment was complete.

JuneBug danced for the nurse. She was awake while we waited for the appointment, which is rare because she likes to sleep in. During the appointment, I pulled up my shirt for the fun Doppler experience. Before the nurse even touched me, my stomach started rippling. This caught the nurse off guard. While we did hear the heartbeat, it was hard with all her movement. Her heartbeat is normally around 140 and she hit 170 during this dance. The nurse assured us that everything was ok and that, just like us, when we do aerobic activity our heart rate rises. The nurse told me that JuneBug might be a handful. I told her that she could not be more of a handful than my Sweetie can be.

Our next appointment is scheduled for the 10th and our next big ultrasound on the 16th. Yep, after the 10th I am on a weekly schedule with my doctor.

My Sweetie and I were in the goofiest mood this morning. We laughed and giggled the whole time. You would think we were teenagers getting into trouble. My Sweetie even drew on the doctor’s white board while I was going through the normal routine of “pee and weigh”. We could not stop even when the nurse and doctor came into the room. After the appointment, we went to a grocery store, got some donuts, and proceeded to continue this behavior while purchasing our items. I love days like this. This weekend is going to be wonderful.

This weekend is an “only me and Sweetie” weekend. I cannot wait. We are starting it a little off from this goal. However, since it is for something fun and nothing like an obligation, I think it will be ok. We are meeting Best Friend, her husband, Sam, and MotoDiva for dinner. The funny thing is that we are meeting at Kerby Lane. This is where my Sweetie worked when we met.

I am off to pick up my Sweetie and begin our weekend.

No comments: