Saturday, April 16, 2005

Packing, memories, and swaps

Last night we accomplished so much. We went through a lot in my room. I have not lived there since 1997. However, I lived in that room for the 15 years prior and in the house for 20 years. A lot of memories. Letters from an old best friend and photos. I found photos of my Sweetie when I met him and photos that I took while in photography. I found the photos of ex-boyfriends. My Sweetie is so wonderful and did not mind me bringing them home. I found all of my senior year in high school mementos. It really made me think back. I cannot wait until I hear about the reunion. I hope I can make it. There are several people who I cannot wait to see. One sad thing is that I have a photo with myself and a large group of people – in this group are two students who are no longer with us. They both offered the world so much.

I also found the last b-day card that my father gave me. The strange thing is that he dated it “Nov 12 ‘96”. He never dated any of his cards. I took it to my mom to show her and she could not believe he dated it either. It was actually kind of creepy, like maybe he knew on some level.

Going through everything was very emotional. Not in a bad way, but more like a contemplative way. Looking at how my life was when I left that room and before. In many ways, it was like a time capsule. I realized what a different person I am now. When I left I was 20, I still had two parents, and was taking the summer off from school. Things are so different now. Although I miss my father deeply, I love the person that I have become. I am more confident, sure of myself, and overall happier.

Today we woke up early and began cleaning out the final furniture for the swap. Mom, Best Friend, her husband, Sam, and MIL came to help. I am so happy to report that we completed the move. My mom and I planned to swap bedroom furniture for almost 6 years now. Luckily, our JuneBug helped speed up the process. We have her room ready for painting and I have my Grandmother’s bedroom suite. This made me so happy. I feel so accomplished and so much closer with being prepared for our JuneBug.

After everyone went home tired and fed, Brother and SIL came over to chat and play games. We enjoyed the openness of JuneBug’s room and stayed in there for quite a while chatting. My Brother is going to be a great uncle. I am convinced of this. Sitting in the room really made me think about how much I love that she will use that room for a bedroom. I believe in balance in life. There is good and bad. This room has had the bad, now it is time for the good. I honestly believe it will be even better because of it.

Everything feels so good right now. While I am experiencing some pain due to the work I did yesterday at Mom’s, I am feeling so good. My Sweetie is so wonderful. He makes me so unbelievably happy. I cannot say it enough how everyday that I spend with this man confirms to me that he is my soul-mate. Tomorrow I get to go to school and crank out the last of our group project. I hope it goes well. I simply want this class complete.

I am off to play more games with my family before heading to bed.

No comments: