Monday, April 25, 2005

Celebration Weekend

This weekend was so wonderful. Friday I enjoyed a quiet evening with my Sweetie. Saturday was my big shower.

This shower was amazing. The restaurant overlooked the lake with a large window to watch the movement of the water. The decorations were perfect. Butterflies, flowers, and bright colors filled the room. Best friend had my Sweetie walk into the shower with me and that was so wonderful. My Sweetie asked me to wear a shirt that makes me look the most pregnant. It worked! Everyone commented on my belly.

It is getting late, but I wanted to write an update.
~ The best part of the shower included my SIL giving my Sweetie a childhood toy of his and he got chocked up over this.
~ The Diva’s had everyone pick a color of thread. They tied the thread to my wrist and proceeded to braid the very long remains. Once braided, they cut everyone a bracelet. The bracelet is on everyone’s right wrist (for giving) and mine is on the left (for receiving). The thinking is that well-wishes go into each strand. The bracelets stay on until Serif is born, or until it falls off (the main thing is not to cut it). My Sweetie wears one as well. I love this. I am constantly reminded of the support that I have during this wonderful time in my life. I feel so very blessed.

It was so wonderful to see so many people that I care about. We received a ton of wonderful items for our JuneBug. Other than a couple of purchases, we are ready for this little girl.

Today we went to the store and my Sweetie could not keep his loving touch away from me. He was constantly kissing me, hugging me, rubbing my back, or holding my hand. While I napped, he mowed the yard while my MIL planted some flowers from the shower in our flower bed.

I have more school work than I thought I did, but that is ok – it is only prep for the presentation on Tuesday.

This weekend was amazing. I feel so confident in everything in my life right now.

No comments: