Friday, April 01, 2005

One Year

First, I want to say a big Congratulations to my Sweetie. Today marks 1 year with his current job. This is huge because from July 2001 to March 31, 2004 - he only worked in his field for 6 months.

Yesterday I left work early for grad fest. It was wonderful. The best part was when my advisor from undergrad saw my name and said she remembered me. I have not bothered her in 2.5 years. In addition, this same woman called me when I inquired about SEU and the reason I made the final decision to attend my school. I got my cap and gown, information for a pendent (since I already have a ring), and a small present for myself and Serif. I felt very proud to be there and very accomplished. My belly was a big discussion point and I loved it. I went and picked my Sweetie up wearing the mortarboard. He laughed. I also had the tassel hanging from my rear view mirror to show it off. I am set for graduation – except for finishing that last class – pesky little details.

Last night was wonderful. MotoDiva’s house is beautiful. She now lives in central Austin and has an old house. This is the kind of house my dad would love. My Sweetie and I talked at great lengths about our next house being similar. Best Friend and her husband, DarkDiva and her family, and one other friend made the party complete. DarkDiva and her husband could not believe how much my belly has grown since last weekend. Guess that explains all the “when are you due?” questions this week. Also explains why my boss wants to get a temp in here pretty quick to learn my job.

This morning, while we were getting ready for work, my Sweetie asked if we could have lunch. This makes me very happy. Where else would we go to celebrate 1 year of working without an apron? Texas Land and Cattle, of course. While we did not dine at the location that he worked at for close to a year, we did enjoy the food and celebrating. And, of course, there was much kissing at the end.

Today marks another important day. As of today I can no longer fly. This means that if my Sweetie has to go on a business trip, I do not get to tag along. This also means that I do not have to worry about going to CA for training – YAY. Starting May 1st I can no longer leave Austin. I think I will take my Sweetie away for a romantic weekend the last weekend in April – one last adult weekend for a while.

Today is a great day!