Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Group Project Done and 1 year ago

It is done. The instructor received my group project. As with most universities, final grades are not due until after the graduation ceremony. For this reason, you do not receive your diploma when you walk the stage. I will receive my diploma on July 14th, where graduation is May 14th. I asked my instructor about grades, and she replied letting me know that we will know our grades for the ceremony. This is a big relief. Not that I have a chance of not graduating, but I need to know how I did when I walk. Otherwise, it will not be the same closure. I still have my three-page paper to write. It is going to be a little difficult as the assignment is to write about what I learned in this class. I have been completely preoccupied with my Sweetie and our JuneBug. I could write three pages easy on what I learned about pregnancy, but not about this class. Do not worry. I can BS very well.

Last night I waited by my computer in case a group member had questions before submitting. I did not even feel lazy when my Sweetie went to work out while I lay in bed. That is one thing about being as pregnant as I am, and having the pains that I do, I do not feel guilty. So I did not do anything productive and that was fine by me. I plan to finish my three-page paper and peer eval while my Sweetie works out on Wednesday and Thursday. So close to being done. Only one more week. I can’t believe it.

Today is a good day. Today marks one year since I walked out on SKIDS. Last year I was so miserable. I was so relieved when my Sweetie began at his current job. It meant that we could make a very important decision regarding my job. Much like when my Sweetie did his only walk-out, it was my best decision career-wise. SKIDS told me that I needed them to advance my career. And I knew I was taking a risk with how I left things. However, my current employer did not care after I described the situation. I even started with a 23% raise. In so many ways, it feels like longer than a year. So much has happened during this time. Now I am with a company that I really like, anticipating a work shower on Thursday, and have a huge belly for my baby. All is good.

Today I am also highly emotional, not in a pissy kind of way, in a weepy kind of way. That is one thing that sucks with pregnancy. You do not simply get teary eyed; you have huge, rapid, and emotional tears. They can start for any reason and end suddenly. Normally the only way to end them though, is to let them flow. My Sweetie hates to see me cry in any form, other than due to laughter. He hates pregnancy tears. However, he has started to understand that it is hormonal and the best thing to do is hug me and hope that the commercial (or two of our cats kissing, or a butterfly outside) stops and does not occur again that evening. Hormones really are fun, especially at this stage. I know I will be crying during both my showers this week.

These hormones do not only cause tears, they also cause me to be very grateful for the relationships that I have. I am protective, appreciative, and even overwhelmed with the wonderful people in my life (family and friends). I am very luck and blessed to have the people that I do in my life. I hope they know how much I appreciate everything that they do.

No comments: