Monday, April 25, 2005

Father in Training and 27 Hours Remain

Last night my big girl got hurt. We are not sure what happened, but her paw was bleeding. My Sweetie is so ready to be a father. Before I even knew what happened, I was in the bedroom working on my homework; he picked her up while speaking so gently to her and brought her into our bathroom. His calming voice worked, as she did not freak out when he closed the bathroom door or when he cleaned her paw. It was so wonderful to see him react to a situation like that with such a calm touch and voice. He is so ready for our JuneBug to arrive. I know he is going to be a fabulous father. I do not have a single doubt about that. The good news is that my girl was feeling much better this morning.

My Sweetie is in a great mood today. When this happens, it is very hard for me not to follow suite. Do not get me wrong, he is normally in a good mood. However, today he is in a great mood. He is working on my graduation invite. Hard to keep that a secret when he needs degree information from me, heehee. He is so excited and so proud of me. I have to admit that I am too. With him, anything is possible. I am so lucky to have him as my biggest fan. He is the one who pushed me through, even when we both found ourselves without work. He is also the one who agreed to take on any amount of debt in order for me to earn my degrees. And he is the one who helps me in anyway to finish my assignments – even if that means playing his game.

Tomorrow is my last presentation at my school. It is so very crazy. I cannot believe I am at the end. I think I will go to campus early and enjoy the sights and sounds before the meeting. I am hoping to get the rework done early tonight for our group deliverables so I can finish that stupid three-page paper. I want everything done tomorrow. As much as I love school, I really am ready to be finished.

This weekend is totally blocked for alone time with my Sweetie. We have not decided if we are going out of town yet; want to see how I feel. We simply want the weekend to be one long date. I love weekends like this. I love spending any amount of time with my Sweetie. This will be our opportunity to celebrate my graduation in a romantic way since the next weekend is Mother’s day and the weekend after is Graduation.

Since this is my last year not to be a mother on mother’s day, I want to celebrate my moms in a big way. I am not sure what we will do, or what I will be able to do, but I want them to know how much I love them and how much I need them in my life right now. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful Mother and a wonderful Mother-in-law. They are there when I need them, no matter what. Times like this make me so happy that I live so close to both moms.

I cannot wait until tomorrow evening at about 8:00. There will be much rejoicing.

No comments: