Saturday, April 02, 2005

Relaxing in Overalls

Last night my Brother and SIL came over for some gaming fun. We had a blast. I even stayed up until 2 in the morning. They brought a duck and toy fish for our little girl's room.

I forgot to mention an important aspect of Thursday evening. While it was not my b-day, Best Friend was nice enough to bring me a present. She gave me five 1”x1” square magnets brightly colored and featuring the letters to make up the name of our daughter, Serif. I love them. Today she gave me two paper butterflies for the room. And MIL stopped by today and dropped off socks that rattle along with a print for the room. This little girl is so spoiled.

This morning was about cleaning. My Sweetie is in the nesting phase as much as I am. I have to admit that I did have a hormonal breakdown of sorts. However, he was wonderful and held me while I freaked out about how much we need to do in 10 weeks. We then headed out with Best Friend, her husband, and Sam (best friend’s oldest friend) to watch Sin City. I have not read the comics. However, I enjoyed the movie. The movie looks fantastic.

I am currently on my computer while at Best Friend’s house. The rest of the group is playing their game. My Sweetie loves to play video games. I do not think he could ever give it up. That is one of the reasons we work so well together. I understand his need to play the games. He bought his first PlayStation in May 1997, right after his father died. I bought him the PlayStation 2 in 2002 in celebration of winning his Addy’s. He played with the single player type games until 2002 when he started his first massively multiplayer on-line game, Lineage. From this moment on, he was hooked. He introduced his current game, FFXI, to our closest of friends over a year ago and they like to have LAN parties and such. I do not play due to school. However, I like to support him with his hobby and I love hanging out with our friends. Some girlfriends or wives do not like for their husband's to play video games. I am not this way and understand that this is a trait of my husband that will never change. Since I love everything about my Sweetie, this means video games and all :-)