Monday, April 04, 2005

Time for renewal

I lie in bed. The alarm’s function is useless as I watch the darkness through the window. The day begins to emerge. My Sweetie and I have a magical moment where we both wake up without an alarm or other distraction. In each other’s arms we watch the sun finish rising without a spoken word. I leave the holds of the bed and begin my shower. My Sweetie joins me and I stand in the shower in his arms as the hot water falls onto our bodies.

Life is interesting. I was raised that people are good. This is not true. People are people. Some are evil, some are whores, and a few fall into the true friend category. My Grandfather taught me to never let them see your weakness. This is true. Bad people only use your weaknesses against you. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to decipher the good from the bad.

One of my biggest pet peeves involves people judging others. I hate it when someone who does not live your life feels that they have a right to an opinion on the choices you make. No one, except you, can know the full extent of the reasons behind life decisions. People that judge truly bother me. One of the biggest decisions for my Sweetie and me recently involves daycare. This was a hard decision. However, with a mortgage, car payment, credit cards, and huge student loans we cannot survive on one salary. I wish we could. However, like many many other expectant mothers, we ventured out to choose a quality school for our child. I am grateful that I do not have to enroll her at only six weeks old.

As with my nesting inside the house, the same goes for outside. The focus is getting rid of the junk. This involves any relationship that does not promote growth. This is sad as one of the relationships that we ended involves a person that my Sweetie met in Junior High. However, we have to eliminate the trash in our life. Unfortunately, that means some stay and some go. I will not put up with people calling me a bad mother for putting my daughter in school when I cannot stay at home. This is a hard decision. Moreover, this is a personal decision. It is one that I made with my Sweetie.

This morning we had our 30 week appointment (yep every two weeks now). Everything looks good except for my throat. Apparently, the co-worker who got me sick last time was nice enough to share yet again. Nothing to worry about unless I still have a sore throat on Thursday. My weight is still looking great. I am at the 1 pound a week point. I am four pounds higher than my pre-pregnancy weight, and an average baby at this stage weighs 3 pounds.

It is time for me to pick up my Sweetie from work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing of the comment system.

Thank you.