Thursday, March 31, 2005

Grad Fest and Deadlines

While my schedule has been crazy for some time, today really marks the point where everything gets crazier. Here is the breakdown of my life for the next few months:

Today
~ GradFest – I get to pick up my cap and gown, look at announcements, and have fun with the approaching end of my schooling career (until PhD that is)
~ MotoDiva’s B-day (35 and 36 months) and dinner at her new house

April ~ 21 – shower at work, 23 – big shower
May ~ 2 – school ends, 8 – Mother’s Day, 12 – graduation rehearsal, 14 – GRADUATION
June ~ Serif’s arrival, 19 - Father’s Day
July ~ 4th of July, 9 – Mom’s b-day, 14 – pick up diploma, 21 - MIL’s b-day
Aug ~ 4 - Sweetie’s 30th B-day
Sept ~ Back to work, Serif begins daycare

I cannot believe Grad Fest is already here. I am so happy. There are so many wonderful and big things happening now. This graduation is so much different from my BBA graduation. With my BBA, I was the first in the family to graduate and we made a big production about it – I have photos to prove how much we celebrated. This time I cannot drink as I did last time (although I am having one glass of wine). More importantly, Serif has taken most of the excitement for herself. However, know that I am so excited and proud of myself. I am so close to having my MBA. I have attended SEU since 1999 while working full time and without any breaks. I continued through hard times and kept my focus on the goal. It helped that my Sweetie encouraged me the entire way. Even when we both found ourselves laid off, he insisted that stayed in school. He has always been my biggest fan. Honestly, with this celebration I am happy with a quiet gathering with my Sweetie, friends, and family.

Things are not only busy at home, but with work as well. I just got out of a finance wide meeting. We are beginning our Q1 close and will have our audit begin on the 14th. This requires a lot of work – this is a shorter close than normal. Therefore, they are asking for 10-hour days through the 12th with work weekends on the ninth and 16th. I simply cannot do 10-hour days. I love being pregnant and I really do not like to complain, but my sciatic nerve is starting to hurt worse. I am wondering when I will be put on semi bed rest, where I need to be at home but not bound to bed. I hope that I can work at least full time through April. Then perhaps I can go to half days or even full days off. I am pretty sure that the minute I call Uncle that my doctor will write me a note. Do not get me wrong. I really like my job. I even like these crunch times. I will make it work. I just need to get set up from home.

No comments: