Tuesday, March 08, 2005

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

After 6 weekends of rain, we have sunshine. Not just sunshine, but blue skies, highs forecasted for the upper 60’s/low 70’s and only one day of rain in the forecast during the week before a “should be” pretty weekend.

I am in a great mood today. We overslept this morning. Not with a frantic – get out of bed and rush, rush, rush way – but in a let us snuggle longer kind of way.

Since I am not taking a class on campus, it has not hit me that my last spring break is next week. Before baby, Sweetie and I planned to go to Portland. However, due to finances, and flying, this has changed. The other bad part is that this class has so much to do in it; I probably will be busy with schoolwork. That is ok with me. This weekend I will be at school working on a big project due on Monday. Then the next weekend we are going to see Cirque Du Soleil. It is going to be awesome. Baby (ugh she has a name – should I post it?) is at a point where she responds to light and sound, so she should have some fun.

Something hit me yesterday on the way home. I was thinking of my little one and her coming into the world. I think about this a lot. And I suddenly realized that we will be the first to hold her, to kiss her, to love her. She will be brand new – just for us. I cannot wait. Even with the pain, the sickness, the exhaustion, I love being pregnant. I love not caring about sucking in my belly. I love the looks I get from both men and women. I love that more doors are opened for me. I love that co-workers fell closer to me and ask about the health of my baby. I feel closer to my co-workers and I fit in more than before pregnancy. I love that when they ask how I am feeling it is not simply to see polite, they honestly are looking out for me. This is such a miracle.

No comments: