Monday, March 14, 2005

The BEST weekend

Blogging is so addictive, as well as pregnancy. What I mean is that I want to journal and capture most of my day-to-day tasks and thoughts, so that I can reread and remember the feelings that I am experiencing during this wonderful time.

From my last blog on Saturday I said we were about to head to dinner. In spite of falling asleep on my Sweetie’s chest (the most comfortable place in the world), we did make it to dinner. We had a great dinner with wonderful conversation. The plan was to go to a late movie or watch a DVD at home after eating. This did not happen. We were so deep in our wonderful conversation that it continued from the restaurant to the house and while we walked up and down our street watching a helicopter and did not finish until after we got inside and ready for bed. I love these discussions.

I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going. Yes, I say that a lot. Nevertheless, it is so true. I am now officially in my third trimester. And other than feeling sick for three months (and now off and on as it turns into heart burn), taking an iron supplement, experiencing some swollen feet, and two beautiful stretch marks (badges of honor – I can’t even imagine what I would have for stretch marks if I gained weight), I have had a great pregnancy. I will honestly miss being pregnant when the wonderful day in June arrives. However, I am sure my little June Bug will keep me distracted.

Speaking of our little bug. I had the most wonderful experience yesterday morning. After watching “In the womb” on Friday, we learned that at this point she knows my voice and can hear others around me, although it is muffled. The neatest part is that they said that if she listens to the same music repeatedly she can “learn it” and recognize it.

I sat on the couch while my Sweetie made muffins. He asked about a Sarah McLachlan song that was stuck in his head and trying very hard to sing the melody. After listening to “Stupid” (which was the song stuck in his head,) I decided to see how much my June Bug can hear. I put the speaker onto my belly and played “Answer”. This is a deeply important song to my sweetie and me. Right when the piano started to play, she began to kick. She kicked through the whole song. She really loved it. My Sweetie came in to see how I was doing. My head was back with tears streaming down my face. It made me so happy to feel her respond to something that I directly caused. Apparently, it was the piano. I played “Baby mine”, a beautiful a cappella version that I found on iTunes. She did not react once.

Yesterday was the normal grocery store outing with Brother tagging along again. However, before heading out my Mom proved to show how much she will spoil this baby. My Sweetie has been drawn to frogs lately. She bought him a frog puppet to use when playing with our baby. It is perfect. We had fun in the store (my Sweetie had fun riding the cart down the isles) although I did get very low in the store and by the time we got to the register I had to purchase a snickers and eat it while sitting on a nearby bench. After the store, MIL and Best Friend came over to the house to talk to my Mom about the shower. Of course, this meant I had to leave the room. I went into our June Bug’s room and sat on the futon renaming photos from our Arboretum outing. As soon as I have the size altered, I will post me on the Cow. It is just too cute. Well my Sweetie actually said, “You look beautiful in this photo”. I have to trust him about this. It makes me feel very loved that this much time, attention, and organization is going into my shower. We all went to dinner after the meeting where Best Friend told me repeatedly that my only part in the shower is to grow the baby and show up on the day. /sigh. It is wonderful, and hard, to not have any control.

That brings us to today. My Sweetie and I slept in too late again. We were in the process of waking up when I looked at my nightstand and saw that my water glass was there all night without a cat knocking it over. With less than 10 seconds from this thought, my big orange boy Bob came running onto the bed, knocked over the glass causing water to hit him and me. This combined with my yelling caused him to freak (all of this happened without him actually stopping) and run across my Sweetie and off the bed. I jumped up and grabbed towels. I noticed that my Sweetie was not moving and I thought it was because he was comfy on the bed. I look over and he has two cuts on his chest and two on his face. My poor baby, he looks like he was in a bar fight. Because I was worried about the excessive blood loss (did that sound like a good reason) we opted to co-shower. It really does save time and money, and it got his focus off his cuts.

Oh and I totally have to write this because I told him that I would blog about it. I made HIM breakfast today. That is right. I did it all myself. It was not anything hard, but I have not made him breakfast in a long time, not since he decided that I need to be a princess. While I LOVE being a princess, I like being able to take care of him from time to time.

This is very long. I should have a bell go off at this point to awake the readers who might be asleep after reading about my boring life.

No comments: