Friday, March 04, 2005

Good Day Good Day

OK back to accounting speak. My company uses a 5-day close. This varies from company to company. I worked with 10 and 20 before and now this one is the fastest. Now it is not as bad as it sounds because we are a much larger department. This close I was determined to show off for my boss. Our Controller insisted that 5-day close actually become a 5-day close, sometimes other areas take longer. Today is day 4. Moreover, I am DONE. I ROCK. My boss called me a superstar today. Hope that means he is taking note. I feel accomplished in my work the last couple of weeks. I have worked hard and smart, with little overtime. I do like my job. I am lucky that I can wear flip-flops and jeans. I do not have a “do or die” start time in the morning and I can take lunch whenever I get hungry. While I mostly eat at my desk so I can leave early, another benefit, I am not penalized for a long lunch. I am having a “very happy with my job” day.

I just got word that my brother changed his work schedule so he can spend Sunday with me. This makes me very happy. My Sweetie has to work some this weekend. If he wants, I will go in with him and help him feel productive. In spite of such business, I plan to have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: