Tuesday, March 15, 2005

World Domination Tuesday

The dark clouds and rain are back. That is ok. Today is World Domination Tuesday. I am very happy today.

Chris, my friend and co-worker from High End, is coming to work with me. While I try to see him on a regular basis, we have not worked together in over a year and a half and I miss him. He will be in AP, but very close for me to bother on a daily basis. This makes me so very happy.

Tonight, Sonnet, a friend whom I have not blogged about is coming to dinner. She is wonderfully fascinating. I met her in 1997 at my first full time job outside of working for my parents. She was in my wedding and has been a good friend throughout. We do not see each other as much as I would like, but regardless, she would offer the shirt off her back (and I am sure the guys would be very happy if this happened) for a friend. I cannot wait for her to see my belly.

Last night was another wonderful evening. My Sweetie and I went to the grocery store to pick up some last minute items for our big salad as well as ice cream. Who can say no to Cherry Chocolate Chip? Back at the house, we chatted, laughed, got silly, and made our salads. The best part of the evening was sitting in the living room eating dinner and my Sweetie says, “I told everyone that I would be on the game tonight”. I told him “OK” as he normally plays on Monday nights and I do not mind. He looked at me, smiled, and said “but I don’t want to, I want to stay here with you”. That was so sweet. He even went to sleep at the same time as I did. This does not always happen because of my falling asleep early. Last night I stayed up until 11.

This morning was nice too – no bloodshed to speak of. As we left for work, I called my Sweetie on his cell to let him know that I had to stop for gas. Imagine my surprise when I get the gas station and he is there, waiting to pump my gas for me. Such a gentleman.

Now I must talk about me for a minute, I do not think that means a change in topic, LOL. I am sure I have mentioned before how people are very drawn to me to talk/vent/discuss/confess. Co-workers that I barely know will come to me and vent about our boss or the company. I guess I do not have the “going to use this information to back stab you” look. My Best Friend said it is because I stop everything that I am doing and look at the person talking in the eye. Whatever it is, I love it. I love that people are so open with me. This also goes with men. Yesterday I had two different men hitting on me over e-mail and instant messenger while I was at work. They know I am married, they know I am pregnant. However, somehow I am still very interesting. One is single and the other is married. While I would never act on or mislead these men, talk about an ego boost. These two have hit on me since before I was pregnant and have not stopped. I guess I hold my weight better than I thought. Both have told me that I am very sexy and that they find my personality, confidence, and intelligence attractive. This makes me so happy to have my Sweetie. Yes, others hitting on me makes me feel closer to my Sweetie. It shows once again that we are together because we want to be. We both have “other options” if we wanted them, but we do not. We love where we are at in our relationship. We do not wish to explore any life that does not have the other at our side.

No comments: