Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I AM PERFECT!!!!

No, this is not an opinion. My doctor declared me perfect today. I am sure my Sweetie is going to call him and tell him that these comments go straight to my head.

Today was our 28 week appointment. Pee test looked good. Weight looks good, although, I have officially gained from my pre-pregnancy weight. However, I am not complaining about 2 pounds in 28 weeks (really 26 weeks from conception). Blood pressure looks great, so no worries about my swelling.

Today they also measured my uterus. This is done with a tape measure over my belly. I am measuring right on target. YAY. After the measuring, we listened to her heartbeat. It sounds wonderful. She ranged from the 140s-150s. Then came the fun part of the appointment; the Rhogam shot. This is the Rh Factor shot due to my blood type being negative and Terry’s being positive. This shot went into my hip. It did not hurt too badly, but now I feel it. I feel achy and cannot get comfortable. It is worth it though.

We spoke with the Nurse and my Doctor (we like him so much) about my swelling, pains, and heartburn (woke up last night due to bad heartburn). And Terry asked about my coughing. All are normal and nothing to cause worry. After looking over my paperwork, the doctor declared me perfect. I told him that I would tell everyone today about his diagnosis.

I go back in 2 weeks. Is this not crazy? Not long before I go back weekly. I cannot believe how far along I am.

I feel great today. Another beautiful day to enjoy through my window. This appointment made me feel so good. I was worried about blood pressure and my aches and pains. Knowing that everything is normal is a huge relief. I do need to get a new belly belt; mine just does not fit properly due to my petite back.

Suddenly I feel less stressed about getting everything complete. While we still have so much to do, I am confident that everything will come together. It always does for us. With Easter this weekend, and always more work for school needed, I know our time will be limited. However, we proved how much we could accomplish even when the weekend is busy.

Tonight I have schoolwork and my brother is coming over for a short visit. I think, overall, it will be another laid-back evening. I might dye my hair tonight, nothing crazy, just a shade – if even that – different from my own. Since being pregnant, I have not cut my hair. It is getting pretty long and touching my shoulders. Normally within a 6 month period I feel a need to change my hair, color or length or something. I feel that need for change. This is the same change that prompted my tattoo in 1995 and many piercings (that I no longer have). What can I say, I am not as vanilla as some people think *grin*.

Now I am off to pick my Sweetie up from work. I love it when we carpool. I love spending any extra time with him that I can.

No comments: