Sunday, March 06, 2005

What a weekend

My life is interesting. When it is busy, it is busy. Let us recap.

Friday – Dinner with my Mentor and three fellow students was wonderful. Everyone petted the belly and told me how wonderful I look. My mentor has a great opportunity and will go to China in August for a year with a university swap program. It is so good for her. Luckily, she will be in town for my shower, graduation, and when Baby arrives. It is very interesting for five accountants to get together, especially when 4 attended the same undergraduate and graduate programs and the other taught us all during our undergraduate degrees. I love how strong I feel around these women. My mentor did wonderful things for me regarding career and education decisions as well as my self-esteem.

Friday night our friends from Dallas, Terry’s best friend since High School, arrived with their two little girls. They are so cute. They stayed through this morning and we had a great time. After the girls went to sleep, we played games both nights. This was nice. We have not really played games with him since he moved out in 2003.

Our friends visited family while my Sweetie and I celebrated SIL’s b-day. Dave & Buster’s is so much fun. After my Sweetie beat me a number of times with the horse racing, he won me another big pillow. This time the pillow is a big orange daisy, simply perfect. He loves making me happy.

Today, after saying goodbye to our friends, we went to the store with Mom and Brother. I had some ligament pain during the store so it was not the happiest, but I still had fun. After the store, and some much needed Tylenol, we simply sat and talked for a few hours. Brother is doing so well. I love seeing him once a week. I hope it is helping him. Before he left we looked at the nursery to evaluate what needs to happen to make it perfect for our little one. Sweetie organized the room a lot before our friends arrived, so it was the perfect time for taking stock. We determined that the next step needs to be painting. This is exciting. So much to do and we are so ready. Playing with our friend’s children helps with our confidence level, especially the younger one. She is wonderful. Seeing my Sweetie holding a baby makes me so very happy.

So another whirlwind weekend comes to a close. We had a great time with family and friends. I love playing games with my Sweetie. Even with all the activity and group get-togethers my Sweetie took the best care of me. I hit the point in my pregnancy where discomfort sets in. This started Friday night. My Sweetie was so sweet and massaged my back while we played games with friends. Just one of the little things that he dose to show his support and devotion with our relationship.

Since Budi did not fully appreciate my Shower Scene post, I will try to keep in mind that a variety of readers enjoy my life. However, I cannot promise that occasional descriptions of loving moments will not appear in this blog : - )

1 comment:

Hildie said...

I didn’t take offense to the wonderful description of the three of you in the shower. In fact, it's something I look forward to everyday to help pass my time in the dreary hole I call my office. Well, not specifically the shower scene. :-)


-budi