Thursday, March 24, 2005

And the Nesting Begins

Emotions are overflowing today. Weepiness is evident today (normal pregnancy stuff). Not depression, just weepiness. You cannot understand until you are pregnant. The worst thing is that it is not simply getting watery eyes; it is full out tears for the stupidest of things. This applies to happy, sad, and afraid tears. However, my sweetie calling me unexpectedly a minute ago made me smile. I love hearing his voice during the day.

I like journaling like this. I write for me and it makes me happy.

My little girl is dancing again today. My belly ripples like water from her movements. I have never seen her, held her, or kissed her. However, I love her so much. My Sweetie does too. When I ask how much, he gets teary eyed and begins to kiss my belly explaining that his love for both her and me is without boundaries. He is going to be such a wonderful father, in fact he already is.

We joke about how I am a princess. However, during the last 6 months I really have been a princess. He takes the best care of me. He makes sure that I eat when I need to (vastly important when pregnant – if my stomach gets empty for too long I get sick), he runs bubble baths to help my back, he rubs my feet with wonderful coconut foot lotion, and he kisses my stretch marks and says with pride that they are there because of his baby.

The weepiness is because of hormone fluctuations and not due to unhappiness. I am so happy right now.

Tomorrow is Good Friday. I should not have to work – it is a holiday. However, I do not want to use a flex holiday. Tomorrow night the family is coming over to decorate Easter eggs. This should be fun. Saturday is helping with DarkDiva’s girls and Sunday is Easter. Busy Busy Busy weekend. Still have to decide if we will attend the Sunrise Service. It was so nice last year.

Then the next few weekends will focus on getting the items ready to move to my mom’s house. That is the next biggest hurdle. Once we complete the move, we can focus on the nursery and the remainder of the house at the same time. My goal is still to have everything ready by graduation. Because not only will people be in my house celebrating my MBA, but also anytime after that point the doctors will not stop labor once it begins.
I sent an e-mail to family and friends about moving the furniture. Hope it goes over well. I HATE asking for help. I come from a long line of family that hates asking for help.

I looked into my maternity leave. I get 12 weeks – 6 weeks paid 100%. I asked what I can do to extend that time and they told me “You can talk to your manager about an unpaid personal leave. There is no job protection with this type of leave.” I hate this. I wish I could have just a few more weeks with her before sending her off to someone else. I love my company and their benefits. I cannot risk my job not being here when I come back. I wish we lived in Canada, one year of maternity leave sounds heavenly. I know some mothers go back to work after 6 weeks. I am trying to get set to work from home. That might be an alternative in the beginning. I am also talking to my other working mom friends. That should help.

No comments: