Friday, March 11, 2005

Explaining my poetry

If you have never read my poetry before, you might not know that it can go a little dark. Not all of it, but the majority are this way, This doesn't mean that I am upset. I like to write this way. What started everything today was reading DarkDiva's poem and one from BestFriend that I did not post because the killing me would be so much. Both poems were about MotoDiva and the Diva friendship. I was very into thinking about MotoDiva's life and how everything is changing. That got me started. Once I get started, I flow. Some of my best poems in high school were very dark - although they did make the poetry publication. Some even concerned my mother. When I explained that I don't always write about what I experience, she felt better. A good way to look at it is that I start on an emotion or situaiton and then magnify it.

No comments: