Sunday, March 20, 2005

Home improvement and eye candy

This weekend was absolutely wonderful.

Friday night we had my Brother, SIL, and Mom over for dinner. Once again we had wonderful conversation and a great dinner thanks to my Sweetie making hamburgers.

Saturday we saw Cirque Du Soleil’s Varekai with MIL, SIL, SIL’s boyfriend, Niece, and mom. It was amazing. The best act involved male twins that wore little clothing and performed on a trapeze of sorts that goes around their arms. These men were gorgeous and extremely talented. My Sweetie enjoyed the part where men on seesaws jumped into sheet-like safety nets. This was so neat. I love these types of outings. June bug loved the show and proceeded to kick enough that allowed my Mom to feel her movements.

After the show, we headed to the container store and bought efla shelving for our laundry room. My Sweetie used this same system for our closet while I was in Chicago. We then headed to Linens-n-things for some much needed slip covers for our couches. We even found stain resistant ones. We then picked up a late dinner and headed home feeling much accomplished in our quest to prepare our house for our June Bug.

Today we were even more productive. After the grocery store, my Sweetie began working on our laundry room. In less than one hour, my Sweetie unveiled a new laundry room. For the first time in 6 years, (Saturday marked six years since we moved into our castle) our laundry room is organized and fully functional. My Sweetie HATES home improvement. However, he likes installing the elfa system. He did a wonderful job. It made us feel very productive and finally one step closer to our June Bug. After the project, my Sweetie felt very proud and accomplished. Now that we completed one room for organization and put on the new slipcovers (Thank you Mom), we are ready for the next step.

The weekend was perfect. I spent time with my family members while enjoying my Sweetie thoroughly. The worst part of the weekend was waking up last night at 3 and not able to fall back to sleep until 6. However, I fell back to sleep enjoying my Sweetie’s arms.

After a weekend like this, all I can say is; life is good.

No comments: