Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Funny Story

Last night we went to dinner with Best friend and her husband. Of course, we went to our favorite place, Chuy’s. We ran into a guy that my Sweetie used to work with at Serranos during his waiter days. To clarify – my Sweetie worked at Serrano’s from August 2002 until March 2003. After leaving Serrano’s he went to Texas Land and Cattle from March 2003 until the beginning of March 2004 – at which time he quit to dedicate 150% of himself in finding a full time job – which he did and started on April 1, 2004 (Almost a year).

So, we talked with his old co-worker for a couple of minutes and found out that his wife was working that night too. She came by near the end of our meal. I was feeling exceptionally full and without realizing, I sat back in my chair to relieve my back. She looked up at me and points to my belly, looks at my Sweetie and says, “Is that yours?”

He smiled the biggest smile ever and brought his hand to my belly. As he gently rubbed on our little girl’s home, he turned and said “yes”.

I think I am looking rather pregnant lately.

No comments: