Saturday, March 12, 2005

What a day!!!

What a wonderful day. We started with breakfast, nothing romantic (I had peanut butter and jelly toast) but he was willing to make anything I wanted. I cannot help it if I can be simple at times.

After enjoying some wonderful conversation, my Sweetie decided that I should rest my eyes for a few minutes before we began our wonderful day. I cannot say no to that.

When I awoke about 30 minutes later, it was time to get ready to begin our adventure. By the time we left the house, I was getting hungry for lunch. We went to the Arboretum, picked up some Pok-E-Joes, and took it over by the cows to enjoy the weather. Although a little windy, it was wonderful (I know I use this word too much). When we parked at the Arbor and my Sweetie opened his door, a toddler boy came running up to him and grabbed his leg (while he was still in the car). This made the mother so embarrassed. However, we could not help but laugh. Obviously, this child knows someone with a car similar to mine. I think the mother felt some relief when she saw my belly when I got out of the car.

After eating, my Sweetie went back to the car to get our camera and Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley is a project for my eight-year-old niece. Family or friends take Flat Stanley on a journey and document with photos. When my Sweetie got back I was leaning on a cow, claiming it for my own. He thought this was very cute. We took a picture with Flat Stanley, the cow, and me and then he says “Now I want a picture of you on the cow.” Of course, I was on the highest of the cows. I was not sure of this set up. However, since my Sweetie is usually more cautious with my belly than I am, and he was ok with it, I decided that it would be a neat shot. He helped me up. I have trouble getting on this cow when I am not pregnant – let alone with a belly as big as mine. I am sure it was a sight. After the picture, I made sure to get one of my Sweetie riding the cow.

We did almost experience a horrible kidnapping when a young child saw Flat Stanley on the ground and decided she should have him. Luckily, the wind came in and took Flat Stanley from her hands and the rescue was successful.

After the cows, we walked over to the lookout portion of the walkway. My Sweetie was so cute and wanted a picture of us together. We shall see if either of the two attempts come out. I might just post a picture with half my face and my Sweetie’s nose.

We left the Arbor and headed to BabiesRus to have some fun. The experience was not as overwhelming as we expected. We went through the store, Sweetie with the checklist and me with the scanner, and had a blast. Several hours and 7 pages later, we completed the registry. It made the whole “having a baby” situation soooo real. I can see how registering can be stressful and cause arguments for some couples, but not us. We had a wonderful time throughout. It really showed me how strong we are as a couple and how ready we are to have this little girl.

From BabiesRus we went to the mall. We enjoyed a snack (I had icecream), purchased a couple of DVD’s, and looked through Build a Bear Workshop (we could not find a soft enough bear). By this point, I was tired, feet were aching, and I needed water. So here we are, resting before our big date tonight. I am sitting on the bed because I can have my swollen feet up easier. My Sweetie is enjoying a nap next to me with Abby sleeping on him. She never does this. I just hope she allows him to wake up to take me to dinner. If he is this crazy over a kitty (and who can blame him) how is he going to be with a little girl. Lord help us all ☺ Alas she moved and now he is awake. I think it is time for us to continue our wonderful day and get ready for our date.

No comments: