Thursday, March 03, 2005

Time Flies

I know I say it with each week, but I cannot believe that I am 26 weeks this weekend. This is getting close. Best Friend is working with my mom regarding my shower. This makes sense since they recommend showers for around 30 weeks. That is only a month away, which means only 10 weeks until graduation, and like 8 weeks of school. There is so much to do for school. I think I will have to start having my Saturday mornings on campus to get everything complete. It will be very worth it though to walk for my MBA. In addition, I graduate on Mother’s Day weekend. There cannot be a better present. I get to graduate with our baby inside me and Sweetie hopefully will have baby in the world for Father’s day. It has been a long time since father’s day was special. I am hoping she comes before June 19, but I am afraid she will be much like her mama and decide to be 2 weeks late which puts her a week late for father’s day.

Last night my mom and I finalized the list for the shower. I do not consider myself an overly popular person. I have my group of friends and a small family. However, we came up with 30 names. I know that not all will be able to make it. However, it made me happy to be able to list names of friends/family that would want to know about the shower. Want to feel special, list the people with whom you want to share special moments.

If you know me at all, you know that I am not big on the present aspect of the shower. This makes me feel awkward. However, it is part of the ritual and I will play along. My Sweetie and I are hoping to start our registry this weekend. This is stressful – what do we need/want/desire. What will she like? I know that we are over analyzing it. I hope that once we get into the store things will go smoothly. It happened that way with our bridal registry. We had fun making that registry. We need to go ahead and order our crib this weekend. I think our weeknights are going to have to be more productive in getting the nursery ready. I cannot wait. It is time for a nothing-special room to become fabulous.

I just have to share our bedding. This is what my Sweetie fell in love with. We still need to order it, but it is the theme of the room – if you call it a theme. We are having an underlying theme with items in the room that are very “us”.

This is so much fun. Overwhelming? Yes. Scary? Of course. But it is fun. We have our second birthing class tonight. I cannot wait. The only thing I hope is that it is a little more interactive than the first class. It was very informative and I enjoyed it. However, Sweetie has issues with lecture type situations – he starts to go to sleep. Poor guy. Luckily, I know that he retains the information that he hears in a lecture format when he sleeps. This is very funny because he has a habit of appearing to be fully awake when he is sleeping in a non-lecture setting and he never remembers those conversations – lol.

No comments: