Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Twists, Turns, and Emotions

What should I blog about today? It is beautiful outside. My mood is good and I am not experiencing any overly active pregnancy hormones. I am doing well, except for being tired. I am in the mood for a profound post. However, I am not yet certain where this post will end.
Last night I completed the assignment due. I had to review another classmate’s business plan. It was easier than I expected and took less time – even better.

I looked over our registry today. Surprisingly, we already have items purchased on it. These must be co-workers as the announcement for my work shower went out last week and the invitations for my “real” shower have not gone out yet. That is going to be a busy week. During the week that marks one year since I walked out on the evil SKIDS, I will have two showers. Now I must make sure that I look cute for all the pictures.

A song that has caught my attention recently is titled “Breathe”. The part that I love goes a little something like this. “Life is like an hour glass glued to the table, no one can find the rewind button girl, so cradle your head in your hands, and breathe”. I like this song because it is about making mistakes and not being able to go back in time to fix them, you have to simply accept the consequences and breathe.

We all have things that we can beat ourselves up for, but it is a waste of time. Sometimes something broken heals stronger than before.

I do not know if everyone knows this story, but my Sweetie fractured his collarbone when he was younger. This happened when he was at camp. Due to the counselors fearing a lawsuit of sorts, they did not send him to seek medical attention. Instead, he suffered with a fractured collarbone for the remainder of camp, for like 2 weeks. When he came home, his family took him to the doctor and, sure enough, there was a fracture. However, his body healed the imperfection with a calcium buildup. He did not require a doctor’s attention (which we will not even go into how that has fed into his not wanting to go to a doctor about anything) and he does not suffer any limitations due to the fracture (hence gymnastics for so many years). However, I have felt the calcium buildup when massaging him. The point is that there was a crack that healed to be stronger and more stable than before the accident.

I believe life is like Terry’s collarbone. Fractures are going to happen; we have to hope that the healing process provides a stronger result than before.

Another subject on my mind today involves friends and family. I am so lucky to have so many friends. I am also lucky to be so close (although I want to get closer still) to my family. Seeing most of the Austin relatives this past weekend really made me think about how lucky I am. Having my Mom stay on Sunday to keep me company while my Sweetie ran up to work made me very happy. I am so lucky to have a Mother and MIL that love us and will do anything to help us out during this life altering experience. It has been very interesting to compare pregnancies with my mom. I think they are different in everyway possible. Everyone is so excited about this baby. I cannot even believe it. This baby is already so loved, she has no idea.

Then we have this upcoming Saturday. I love that we are all going to help DarkDiva in a time of need. I love that we have this group of friends that are so dedicated in helping each other that no one has to ask twice. I love that we have friends that my Sweetie likes and does not hesitate in offering his assistance.

I can honestly say that I really like my life right now. My marriage is better than ever, my friends are dedicated and amazing, and my family is close and supportive. I write about this because I never want to forget this feeling. Even with all the evil people that have passed through my life and tried to ruin it (ex coworkers and ex friends). They have not succeeded. If anything, they only fueled my happiness and where I am now.

No comments: