Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Weekend

First, I have to post that we FINALLY purchased the crib. BabiesRus on-line just added the crib we wanted (and discovered two sites that were sold out). We ordered it and feel very accomplished. However, the arrival date says June 2-6. Let us hope they are being a little cautious with this estimate. While our June Bug will not need the crib at first, I would like to know that it is ready for her when she comes home for the first time.

Friday night we colored Easter Eggs (Brother, Mom, MIL, SIL (husband’s sister), niece, Grandpa-in-law, my Sweetie, and I) with the excitement of a severe thunderstorm with hail and all. For Easter, but given on Friday, my Sweetie gave me a potted plant. The plant is purple calla lilies. They are so beautiful. He bought them because they remind him of us – the calla for him and the purple for me. They are so beautiful and unique. I hope to post a photo as soon as the film develops – I know, we are so behind the times.

Saturday my mom and I went to Lago Vista to watch Dark Diva’s girls while my Sweetie went with the group to Marble Falls to prepare her mother’s house for sale. My mom and I had a great time with the girls. Another big storm hit during naptime, this time no hail, and all four of us slept soundly.

My Sweetie, DarkDiva, and her husband arrived back at the house a little after eight. We enjoyed dinner while watching the girls flock to my Sweetie for hugs and kisses. He loves these girls and he is amazing with them. So much so, that after dinner he volunteered to put the oldest to bed – story time and all.

After putting the girls to bed, DarkDiva surprised us with a gift, an awesome mobile. It has wonderful colors along with classical music that plays continually (rather than winding down). We love it. Since my Sweetie had a hard day of manual labor, combined with gaming until 5:30 that morning, he fell asleep on the couch shortly after receiving the gift. This was not a problem since it was time to paint my tummy.

We ventured into the bedroom for DarkDiva to apply henna to my stomach. She researched at great lengths with what would be safe in my current condition. She is a wonderful artist. I simply told her that I wanted a butterfly. After over three hours, the results proved a butterfly covering my entire stomach – pictures to follow once I receive them from DarkDiva, or I develop my film.

For those of you who do not know – natural henna is applied as a thick gooey black substance. It dries and provides the best results if you leave the black textured portion on your body overnight – or 12 hours. (There are methods that use chemicals to provide the results sooner but are not safe for even women who are not pregnant - at least that is what I found through my research). After drying, it begins to flake off the body and the remainder washes away with a simple shower. The natural henna stains a reddish brown color – what the black substance leaves behind. Since henna uses the body’s heat to provide color, the color is light orange at first (the color of mine today) and it will darken to a richer shade over two days. This means mine should be wonderfully looking for tomorrow, my little secret. I am hoping to have this treatment at least one, if not more, times before my June Bugs Arrival.

Today we had the Easter celebration at our house. We did not make sunrise service as we were out until 2 in the morning, my mom included. However, the day was very nice. Good food, good conversation, and relaxing environment. I did not dress up – the weather was colder than expected, so I wore sweat pants and one of my Team in Training t-shirts. I was very comfortable.

Overall, this Easter weekend was very nice. I cannot wait for next year. Our June Bug will have fun with the Easter eggs.

No comments: