Sunday, May 01, 2005

Weekend Check In

This weekend has been so wonderful so far – and it is not finished yet.

Friday night’s dinner was wonderful. The dinner was in celebration of me completing my schoolwork. MotoDiva told me several times at the end of the dinner how beautiful I look. She went on to explain that I have the pregnancy glow.

We awoke Saturday to thunderstorms. While they did not last too long, we decided it was best to not chance it and postponed the wildflower center for another day. Instead, we filled the day with spending time together and looking for items for our JuneBug. We did find a couple of items that my Sweetie could not live without. Our day finished with dinner out. Unfortunately, JuneBug was not being nice about the situation and I felt sick during most of the meal. However, we did not let this ruin our day in anyway.

Which brings me to today, Sunday. We slept in this morning, knowing that our sleep-in days are numbered. After my Sweetie made me breakfast, we headed to Sherwin Williams. If you have never purchased paint here, it is time to give it a try. We could not believe the difference in the quality of service when compared to Lowe’s paint department. We walked out with the exact color that we wanted for JuneBug’s room. This started the day with a very accomplished feeling.

After lunch, we went to the Container Store. Not that someone else is nesting other than me, but somehow we ended up getting an organizer for our batteries. He says we need it. It not only organizes the batteries, it also checks to see if they have a charge. Clever? Sure. Absolutely needed? No. (my Sweetie would like me to write that he still believes it to be absolutely needed – or rather very beneficial). The funny thing is that the charge tester runs on batteries that the organizer does not hold. Good thing this contraption came with batteries included.

But that wasn’t the best part of the trip. We also bought some photo containers. As we were checking out, the cashier said “oh are these for all the baby pictures you will be taking?” My Sweetie gets this astonished face and asks, “How do you know?” I giggle and point to my belly and explain that I come with a sign at this point. He begins to laugh. As I have said before, my Sweetie’s laugh is the most wonderful sound. I am very lucky to hear it daily. While he was a little embarrassed, he was not upset by the situation. He even went on to say to the cashier “it is like when you are wearing a name tag and someone says hello Terry, and you are like ‘how do you know?’” The cashier laughed along with us. I probably was laughing the most (esp since I am 7.5 months pregnant and it is VERY obvious at this point). She then needed our phone number and made sure to say “Terry, can I have your phone number”, instead of just asking in general. It was all very funny.

We went to Lowe’s and Target after a small break at home following the Container Store. I learned that a pregnant woman will, in fact, sit down anywhere in an effort to relieve her back and aching feet. I did this at Target. This is a bad sign to some employees when a pregnant woman is found on the ground. I had one employee come up and make sure I was ok. I replied great before realizing that I am sure he was worried that I was about to have a baby in his department.

We are back at home for a little bit before dinner. As I write this, Sweetie is combing the house for batteries to organize. Apparently, we have plenty of AAs. We never have a dull moment in this house.

Although it was strange to not see my Mom this weekend, I have enjoyed my Sweetie greatly.

No comments: