Saturday, May 28, 2005

Fireflies!

My mom is doing well. She had her surgery today and I picked her up at two. While she was groggy and not feel really great, it wasn’t as bad as when she got her gallbladder removed. I feel that she will be up for work on Tuesday. Her goals for the weekend include sleeping, healing, and calling me when she is ready for company.

My Sweetie and I spent the evening at her house “babysitting”.

I looked outside just before dusk and noticed dozens of fireflies. It was so neat. At my house, only a few miles away, we have more frogs this time of year than fireflies. I decided I should go outside. My mom has a nice sized backyard. In the middle of the yard is a rock that has been there since we moved in 28 years ago. This has always, and remains, my rock. I was so attracted by the fireflies that I went outside, sat on my rock, and enjoyed watching nature’s fireworks. I also spent time with my puppy, who is almost 11.

As I played with him, I realized how limber I felt. My relaxin has set in (the chemical to make your body more flexible and prepare for labor). This is very neat. I am feeling good. My Brother even noticed and said that I am not moving like someone who is about to have a baby. I love it. Do not get me wrong, my belly looks like I am about to have a baby, that is for sure. 11 days isn’t long at all, not to mention only 5 days of work.

With the help of our new camcorder, I am hoping to be able to post pictures of the completed nursery this weekend (please remember that Monday is included in this weekend), without the crib of course. This along with purchasing our last couple of items and making sure that all bags are packed, is our goal for this weekend.

No comments: