Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Must Blog

I am very grateful to have a blog right now. It is a place I can go and “talk” when I need to. This morning I found out that my Best Friend’s grandpa passed away. I called to talk to her and unfortunately set her crying. This, of course, set me crying. She told me that she could not talk to me because she was at work and could not keep everything out of her mind if I am on the phone. She told me she loves me and promises to keep me up to date. This means that she and her husband will not make it to my graduation or party. I completely understand.

This is bringing up many emotions. Emotions of when I lost my Grandpa in 1998. I understand what she is feeling. I want to make it better for her. I am crying now because of her loss. And, like her, I am at work trying to keep a straight face. If they do not leave town tonight we are going to have dinner. I hope she allows this. I want to see her.

The even worst part? My mom left for a business trip this morning. I did not realize how quickly I turn to my mother when I am upset. Sure enough, when I found out and after I chatted with my Sweetie about it, I wanted to chat with her, call her, e-mail her or something.

This weekend is a very wonderful celebration. I will graduate with my MBA. This is huge. However, the next day marks eight years since we lost my Sweetie’s father. While we were not yet married when he passed away, I consider him my father-in-law. This is always a hard time. I hope that graduation will help. However, death of any kind makes the time even harder.

I remember that night as if it were yesterday; holding my Sweetie, watching him rip apart a washcloth, watching his emotions, feeling him cling to me during this time. Everyday I am thankful to wake up next to my Sweetie. I am so grateful for the family that we have. I hope that they know how important they are to me.

I am overcome with so many emotions right now. All I want is to be in my Sweetie’s arms with my head on his chest.

Please make sure that you let all family and friends know how important they are to you. You never know when it will be too late.

No comments: