Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Less than three weeks

Since finding out about the scheduled c-section, things have been crazy. While she could choose to go anytime and the appointment is only 5 days before her due date, this seems more concrete, only 14 more days of work (counting today) before my maternity leave. This makes for a little craziness as they focus on finding a temp to take care of two closes while I am out and one audit. I contemplated taking some time off before the scheduled day, but fear I would just go crazy. So I will be at work until June 6th, which is nice, and return August 30th.

I am a very emotional person. And seeing this wonderful day approaching is making me even more emotional. Although our living room looks like a BabiesRus threw up all over the place, we are ready. It is amazing the items that we received from friends and family. She is already such a lucky baby.

The best part hit me yesterday. She will be here for Father’s day. Her actual due date was one week before and I feared that she would be late. However, we know that this father’s day will be one to celebrate. Now I have the fun part, deciding what she should wear for Father’s day, Fourth of July, and her Daddy’s 30th b-day. I am so excited to have the summer off from work. And due to the c-section, I will be paid 100% for the full 12 weeks.

This past week has been surreal. Between graduation, seeing the ultrasound, and making plans for the upcoming surgery, it is hard to take in. Not to mention getting the room painted, I should post photos once we have it complete. Even without everything “in place” the room looks completely different. It is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house.

My Sweetie and I have three weekends remaining until her arrival. We want to make sure to have a great and romantic time, without wearing me out too baldy. This weekend we have the Arboretum and Putt-putt golf on the schedule. Should be interesting since I can’t see my feet.

I am at work, not wanting to get into anything too deep since I plan to sneak out fairly soon. All I want to do is go home, wash and fold little clothing, squeeze my Sweetie when he gets home with all my might, and have a nice dinner. That is one thing, when I get emotional, whether it is sad or happy – all I want to do is be near my Sweetie. He always makes it better. He knows what to do. He knows when I just need to be held and he knows when I need to laugh. He knows me better than any other does, and I know him better than any other does.

I cannot wait to see our baby, the combination of him and me, the results of our love. It is amazing. He will stop and talk to our baby no matter where we are. In the middle of Target on Monday he decided to talk to her, he did not care who saw or what they thought. He is already so in love with her.

No comments: