Sunday, May 15, 2005

Graduation Success

Yesterday was so wonderful. We made it to the Frank Erwin Center in plenty of time for me to line up. I was very happy to see three of my Capstone teammates at the ceremony – I had to talk them into attending. Everyone loved my cap and the “baby on board” sign. Apparently, the cap made it very easy to spot me in the crowd. Much like my undergraduate ceremony, I sat in between two very tall men. And in case you don’t know this about me, I am short.

The ceremony was prefect – in my opinion. The MBA’s went first. I felt so great walking that stage. After getting my official photo taken, I saw my Sweetie waiting on the sidelines to take his own photo. Then I walked past the faculty section and heard “Missy, Missy”. It was my undergraduate mentor. I am so happy she was there to see me complete this journey. She is the one who helped me to decide my route after completing my BBA.

While I did get teary eyed, I did not officially cry until I hugged my Mother, then again, when I finally hugged my Sweetie. I am so very lucky to have such support throughout this process. Without the help of everyone, I would not have my graduate degree.

My Brother heard my name as it was called thanks to cell phone technology. DarkDiva, her oldest, SIL, her boyfriend, niece, MIL, Grandpa, Cousin, and Mother cheered me on during the ceremony. That made it so wonderful.

The best part was as we began the recessional and I looked to the audience. Everyone was heading out except my Sweetie. He stood strong waiting to see me leave. It was such a wonderful sight. Then as we left the main floor, I looked up and he was waiting to take pictures of me walking past. I received many kisses and “I am so proud of you” comments through out the day. He is my biggest fan.

We headed from the ceremony to get our food and to start my little gathering. The food was so good. Brother showed up after his treatment and we had many laughs, as normal. I had several other people stop by during the day including Anna and her 7 month old Amelia, Chris and P, Uncle along with Cousin Leanne and her 16 month old, and DarkDiva with her two little ones and her husband. The day was as I hoped, relaxed and fun. I really did have a great time.

Now we can focus on our little one’s room. My Sweetie is going to try to get MIL to help him paint. I hope that this will work out. I love it when they work on projects together. I will go grocery shopping with Mom and come home to pack my bags. It is close enough to my due date that I need to have everything ready in case she decides to make an early entrance.

Here’s to great weekends that remind us about the surrounding support and love.

I am truly blessed.

No comments: