Thursday, May 12, 2005

Graduation Rehearsal

I am currently on campus for my graduation rehearsal. This will be my last time to log into one of my school’s computers. In less than an hour the rehearsal begins. This is so strange for me. My graduation in December 2002 was wonderful. It was small and on campus. This one is larger and held at the Frank Erwin Center. Strangely enough this is actually a UT building. This graduation seems so much larger. I looked over the stats for graduation. Looks like 495 total graduates with 80 with their Masters, 115 from New College (how I earned my BBA), and 300 traditional students. I am getting so excited.

I have worked so hard for this and cannot believe that I am at the end. Of course I still have the CPA to sit for, and that requires a lot of studying, but no longer will I have to attend classes. I will no longer have to have “current student of MBA program”. I will be able to write BBA-2002, MBA-2005. This is totally awesome.

I stopped by the mall on the way here. The intention was to get myself a gift for my hard work. I could not focus on me. I tried, but it did not work. I also tried to think of a gift for my Sweetie, again I fell flat. However, I didn’t walk out empty handed. My “Baby Font” (as they call her at work) received a gift. All through lunch I could not stop thinking about her and how close we are meeting her. I want to hold her, take care of her, and teach her to be a good person. I cannot wait. Best Friend thinks she will come early. I would like that. However, I would like for her to wait until after the 22nd so we can get her room complete. But that is a stress for after graduation.

Now this is normally where I would write about my grade not posting yet. However, I know that I am graduating and focusing on this fact instead. This happened with my BBA as well, I did not know until the afternoon before graduation about my poetry grade. But since I am not bringing it up and not focusing on it, it does not matter, heehee.

I also wrote a list of things that have to be done for my graduation party, the items that would alter the party. I wrote to my good friend Chris and told him that I want people to come to the party for me and not to see how clean my house is. Of course he replied quickly with, “But then how will we judge you?” He is a good friend. This party will be very different than my last graduation. He and I got very drunk and pictures to prove it. Nothing sexual mind you, as I am not the gender he prefers.

Oh and yesterday I did order the food for the party. So that should be all taken care of. Once we get everything ready tonight and tomorrow night I will be set. And Cousin is coming into town tomorrow so if my Sweetie needs any help with things that I cannot do, he will have someone else to ask.

Now I am off, to rehearse the graduation.

No comments: