Monday, May 16, 2005

22 days remain

Please note the change in my ticker. My expectant date has changed.

Today was our 36-week ultrasound and appointment. She is beautiful. We saw long legs, big feet, and what appear to be chubby cheeks (yay).

The only “off” thing that we saw was her positioning. She is breech. I personally think she does not want to have all the blood rushing to her head or that she wants to make sure that she comes out with a pretty head.

During our visit the doctor confirmed that my cervix is still closed, this is very good. He also let us know that only 8-10% of babies flip after 36 weeks.

So what does this mean?

This means that we know when our little girl will arrive (pending any early arrival attempts on her part). Right now, the c-section is scheduled for June 7, 2005 at 1:00pm.

This is nothing wrong or anything scary. Breech can be scary if it is not known until delivery. However, we know and can prepare accordingly. We trust our doctor completely. Our nurse today even had a c-section due to a breech little girl. I will receive weekly sonograms until June 7 to see if she turns on her own. If she does not then we know when she will arrive. This is good for a planner like me. This is also good for both of our places of business. It is easier to say that we will be out starting on June 7 than to say in a general sometime in June. What it honestly boils down to is that my Sweetie and I want her here and healthy, we do not care about the path to get her here.

We are happy. We cannot wait to meet her. Yesterday, Sweetie and MIL accomplished painting the whole room. It looks amazing; it is a completely different room. We still need to put up some decorations, receive the crib, and move out the futon and everything will be complete.

Today was simply wonderful. I love when my Sweetie and I go to a doctor’s appointment (he hasn’t missed one yet). I love him so much and am so excited that we are starting our family.

No comments: