Monday, May 09, 2005

You say there was a hot tub?

Yesterday marked an important day. First, it was Mother’s day. As a very big surprise to me, I actually received cards, flowers, and gifts. The day was laid back with sandwiches and games. My brother was able to make it and I even convinced him to start a blog. It really was a great day. We decided that we will tape the ceremony so he won’t miss anything. I am also going to try and have my cell phone on me during the ceremony so I can chat a little with my family and friends in the audience.

Yesterday also marked 13 years since I met my Sweetie. We met at a party of mutual friends. He asked me to join him in the hot tub. To sum it up, a white tee-shirt and a long conversation later, I was very impressed with this very interesting boy. He went home and announced to his parents that he met the woman that he was going to marry.

We have been together through so much. While we are different people than we were 13 years ago, there are many aspects of our characters that are the same. I owe the last 13 years to the boyfriend that broke up with me hours before the party and to the ex-boyfriend who took me to the party (and told Sweetie “the short one’s mine”). My Sweetie adores me. I can’t help but admit that I love him so much.

Today I worked from home. I managed to pull a muscle in my upper back while sleeping last night. While I was in pain, I was able to situate myself with my computer and proceed to accomplish my needed work. The best part? I completed everything that I needed to in the office. And to make today even better my Sweetie came all the way home to have lunch with me. This is harder when I am at home because it is a 30 minute drive minimum each way. However, he wanted to see me and I am not going to say no to that.

Now it is the end of the day and my back is feeling much better. I need it to, only 4 nights to get the house ready for graduation. I am getting so excited. If only my grade was posted. But that is ok. I can wait. Sure I am a patient person, this should not be a problem, heehee.

No comments: