Friday, May 13, 2005

No more APA

In less than 24 hours, I will walk for my MBA. I cannot wait. Tonight will consist of cleaning that we did not complete yesterday – I had the worst heartburn ever. I will also make sure to pamper myself tonight. While my Sweetie entertains Cousin, I will take a bubble bath with a facial and complete the evening with a manicure and pedicure. I also have to make sure to iron my gown and set everything out for tomorrow morning. I have this fear that I will take the wrong tassel. Not that anyone would notice, but it does have the wrong year.

The wait is over. My grade finally posted. It is over. No longer will I feel drawn to check the school’s site a hundred times a day to see if anything posted. Now what sucks is that this professor does not consider an A to be a 90-100%. Nope, in order to get an A you have to earn 93% of the grade. This is very strange to me. All my other classes used the normal 10-point scale. Therefore, the final grade is a B for me. I am not unhappy. I have been so distracted this semester. I am so happy it is over. However, I did get excited because I saw my numeric grade before the alpha grade and I thought I had the A. You know what? It does not matter. I am graduating. That is all that matters.

Graduation practice was good. My school is so awesome and let me know not only which side I will sit on, but also which row and seat number. I will be on the right side, row 2 (counting from the back) and in seat #6. Tonight Sweetie will construct my cap so everyone knows which graduate is the most important (me).

Most likely, the next time I will be on campus will be when I pick up my diploma. I will have a little girl with me to share in my enjoyment.

Everything is really hitting me. Today some of my co-workers took me to lunch. My Sweetie was so wonderful to join in the celebration. Then it hit me. All pregnancy I have said that I am holding out on my moderate wine allocation for graduation. I turned to my Sweetie and said, “I get wine tomorrow”. Graduation has been so far in the future, especially when I postponed it a semester. Moreover, throughout this pregnancy, I have always said that I will graduate when I am 36 weeks pregnant. Guess what? We are there. The distant future is upon us. The even better part? I am ready.

Do not worry. I am not as together as I may “sound”. Graduation is at 10am. This means that everything needs completion tonight as there will not be time tomorrow. I am currently making a list of items to pick up tonight for tomorrow’s celebration. I have a list on the kitchen counter already listing what I want done tonight. Luckily, my Sweetie knows this drill and is already sending me reassuring messages to keep me calm.

The best part about this graduation and my after party are my expectations. The last party was on a larger scale, even though we did not cater the food like this time. This time I do not care about the decorations or the cake. This time I do not care if everything is perfect, although “close to” would be nice. All I want is a gathering with people who want to celebrate. I do not care if the party goes all night, or if it only lasts a few hours. I simply want to be around those who love me and to enjoy myself. I want a celebration where putting my feet up and chatting is an option. I want a party that is active and alive, but calm enough that I can go and get kisses from my Sweetie whenever I feel the need.

I want to celebrate my accomplishment. I want to celebrate no more papers in APA format.

No comments: