Tuesday, May 31, 2005

In one week, or less, I will be a mom. This is crazy.

I am at work. The training is going well. She has her own computer set up right now so I have a moment to rest my brain before close begins tomorrow. I am so happy that my last days involve close. Being busy is a good thing to make the days go faster.

I have to admit I have hit uncomfortable. I am tired due to lack of sleep last night. I am having trouble getting comfortable in my chair here at work. She is pushing on my stomach today and I could not even finish my sandwich before feeling too full. That combined with back pain shows me that she is coming soon. I just hope she can wait the 7 days.

Tomorrow is our 38-week appointment. This amazes me. This will be our last appointment before she arrives. While I feel like I have been pregnant forever, I also see the end as almost too soon. Luckily, I cannot wait to meet her. My Sweetie will be there with me again, he has not missed a single appointment. We will check to see if she has turned, I do not think she has, and receive the needed information on the upcoming surgery. I am so excited I cannot stand it. Her room is complete, we have everything for her arrival (plus some), and she is at a point where she is considered term.

That is one area where we have been very lucky. For the decorating of the room, the only items we purchased involve the crib, window treatment, paint, and the letters of her name. Everything else consists of gifts from friends and family. My Diva group is hoping to get together this week as one last dinner before her arrival. They want to do Henna on my belly and send me off in style. I think this is a grand idea. My Sweetie and I have Saturday planned as a fully romantic day. Then I am not sure what the plans are for Monday.

I have been in a very reflective state lately. I am sure a more profound post is right around the corner. However, for right now my goal is to get home and rest.

I am in a great mood and cannot wait for the appointment tomorrow. Tomorrow also marks one year since I started my blog. So much is different since then. I am so very happy.

Off to go home, rest, and nest accordingly.

No comments: