Wednesday, May 25, 2005

37 Week Appointment

First, I must say that having a lap top with an ever growing belly is very interesting.

Today was more training. This is tiring. But with only 7 days remaining of work, I can do it.

This weekend is a three-day weekend. There is so much that we want to do around the house. I believe we when we are not with my Mom, she is having surgery (nothing serious) on Friday, and we will be working on the house and buying the last few items.

Today we went to our 37-week appointment. We had an afternoon appointment rather than our normal morning time-frame. I do not know what got into us. We both were being so silly. We did not care who was in the room with us. We laughed, chatted, kissed, and I laid my head on his shoulder. Then we got goofy. My Sweetie was being like a kid and licked my face. I asked if he was ever this goofy, let alone goofy enough to lick a face, around anyone else. He confirmed that I am the only one who gets to see this crazy side of him. I love it. He makes me laugh so hard. This is going to be hard to deal with after surgery. My belly will hurt to laugh. I guess I will just have to be prepared with a pillow in had to hold against myself whenever he is around.

My doctor, who we love, declared her stubborn.

After the ultrasound, we confirmed that she is still breech. She has however, moved to the other side of my belly. That combined with my internal (I am still completely closed), has my doctor thinking her being breech is a blessing from God. He is afraid that my pelvis would not be big enough for her size (she is estimated to be 6.5 pounds at this point). Of course, a doctor does not know if a woman’s pelvis is big enough until she tries to deliver. He told me that from what he could see that I would have a very hard labor. I believe he fears that it would involve ending in a c-section regardless. We would much rather go in on a planned day and have a quick surgery than have me go through hours of labor only to finish in the operating room. So we are still on for June 7th.

Another good thing about the appointment was the weigh-in. I am sitting at 7.5 pounds gained at this point. YAY

Less than 13 days now.

No comments: