Monday, May 02, 2005

Butterfly Kisses

Today I went to pick up some lunch since we did not make it to the grocery store yesterday as planned. My co-worker buddy decided it would be best to ride with me, isn’t the babysitting instinct great when you are this pregnant.

As always, I parked in the back and have to walk through a courtyard and up a couple of flights of stairs to get to the parking area. I also work in a beautiful area surrounded by trees, bushes, and flowers.

We step out of the building to get to the car. While we were in the courtyard, a big butterfly flew past me, turned around, and flew past me again. I said “Hello” as I always do – and never care how crazy I look. I also say “Hello” to the kitties around work.

The butterfly landed right in front of my feet. No worries for harm because I always stop to watch a butterfly until it flies out of sight. Since this one landed right in front of me and showed no sign of fear, I bent down and offered it my finger.

It climbed right on. I was shocked. This beautiful butterfly was on me. Of course, this is the one time I forgot my camera at my desk. I began to walk and he stayed on my finger. He stayed on my finger all the way up the stairs while licking me with his curly tongue. I got to the top and knew I had to let him go. I explained to him that he would not like my car. I took him to a bush to let him go. He finally left, apparently he was quite happy on my finger, and flew back down the stairwell to where I found him. If I had been alone, I would have sat under the tree and waited for him to leave on his own time.

This was an amazing experience. Butterflies always mean wonderful things for me. They help me through marathons, with job interviews, and to know that my life is going in the right direction.

This was an even bigger sign. This made me so incredibly happy. I need to look into butterfly attracting plants so JuneBug can know how beautiful they are.

This was such a profound symbolic experience that I cannot express into words appropriately how it made me feel. To have such a delicate creature feel safe with me.

This makes me think of my life. I am so happy with every aspect. When I came back, I could not wait to tell my Sweetie. He reacted the same way I did. Just another sign that he is my soul-mate. I love this man unconditionally. He is the most amazing person and we are even more amazing together. I am thankful everyday that I met him almost 13 years ago. But that is another story, for another day……..

No comments: