Sunday, May 29, 2005

Butterflies alive in the room

I am so happy to report that we are sooooooo close to having the room completely complete. It is amazing. It looks so different right now from simply this morning. MIL, SIL, and niece came over to help in any way possible. My Sweetie took them up on the offer. First to go up was the window treatment. It completely makes the room. This is my one part of the room; I picked the items and the approach to hanging the items. It makes the room look more like a nursery. The next step in our day involved hanging the decorations. The first items to go up was the witch ball from Best Friend. Quickly to follow were the metal decorations (frogs and butterflies) that SIL and MIL picked out. I simply love it.

Sweetie and I went to our Chinese restaurant tonight. It was good food and great conversation. The owner quickly noticed us and asked how I was feeling. She was so surprised to know we only have 9 days remaining and requested that we bring the baby into the restaurant after she arrives. We assured her that we already decided that her restaurant will be the first we take our JuneBug.

My Sweetie is currently putting the final touches on some letters that spell JuneBug’s name. He wants to get them put up tonight. I do not blame him; this will complete the room until the crib arrives. There is a big storm going on outside. It feels so good to simply be home, enjoying each other, without feeling that we are so behind on everything else.

Update on the crib – we canceled the on-line order. It did not ship when stated and we did not receive any notice as to when it will ship. Yesterday, we went to BabiesRus (I know it is where we started with this whole crib situation) and purchased another crib that my Sweetie felt completely drawn to. The only issue is that they have to ship it from the warehouse and that can take 7-14 days. The salesman assured us that it will be more like 6 days.

AC update – the repairman came out yesterday and got us back into the cool. We were very lucky and one of the cheapest items turned out to be our problem. Do not worry, the universe always evens out for us. We also got my Sweetie’s AC fixed in his car. This cost balanced out the cost of the home AC. Luckily we had the amount in savings, and now we are blowing cool, that is the most important thing.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. I am so happy to have a three-day weekend. I have only taken one day off this year and a fun day is much needed. We are having my Mom and Brother over, not sure who else. Mostly we want to get my mom out of the house and around moving in order to test and see if she is ready to go back to work on Tuesday. Of course, the day will begin as today did – sleeping in. I absolutely adore sleeping in with my Sweetie – I know this is going to change very soon. He woke up in the best mood today. He told me that it makes him so happy to wake up next to me every morning. I love him so much.

No comments: