Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Family History

I have been very into family history and such lately. This was a large chunk of our weekend. Friday night we had the family dinner at Mom’s due to her wanting to cook for the family. I am not going to say no. My mom has my Grandparents trunk in her bedroom. Inside you will find pictures, documents, and yearbooks from my grandparent’s day. There is even a picture of me in my wonder woman under-roos coloring eggs with my grandpa. I think I will send this photo in for the reunion.

Saturday, Sweetie’s cousin came into town. We played Munchkin with him, MIL, and Mom. It was fun. The rest of the evening was talking. It was a good visit.

Sunday we did not make the BBQ. I was not feeling well in the morning and we worried I would infect her baby girl. Instead, we went to the store, such fun, and hung out at the house. My Mom and Brother were there visiting when Bug turned over. Yay!

After they left, we packed up and went to MIL’s – it was after all Grandparents day. We got to talking and she pulled out photo albums. There is no way MIL can deny SIL. When you look at old photos, I swear they are of SIL instead of MIL. The main difference is that MIL is taller and SIL has red hair. We saw photos of Sweetie’s grandparents and great grandparents. It was wonderful. I will have to go back when I have more time. I want to make copies of some photos. I want Bug to know about those who are not with us.

I totally love this kind of thing. I love finding out things like the cost of milk in 1920, what they wore, what my grandmother’s body image was like. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see what my grandparents were like at my age.

No comments: