Sunday, September 18, 2005

Perfect Day

Before going to bed, yay for being well enough for work tomorrow, I wanted to write about our day.

After our long night with Bug we decided she was not up for church, Reverend Parker will have to wait until next week to meet her. Oh and it looks like November 6th will be her baptism day if all goes well. We went to the grocery store as normal and came back to start our day. My mom was having a sad day, missing my dad (it's been harder on both of us this year,) so I thought a day with Bug would help. She was nice enough to watch her while my Sweetie and I went to celebrate this important day.

Our day was fantastic. It couldn't have been better if planned. We went to the mall, just as we did last year. We enjoyed shrimp spring rolls at California Pizza and went to the Apple store to see the new iPod nano. It is so small!!

We enjoyed some time at the mall and then headed out again. The next stop? Dave and Busters. When we arrived we ordered some adult beverages and began to play billiards. By the way, I suck. We had a little food, a couple of shots, and turned in the balls in order to have some fun playing games. I totally rocked at that. I beat him twice at a car racing game and at the horse racing game. We turned in our tickets and got Bug a small soccer ball with D&B's logo on it.

After our fun we headed over to the Arboretum, such an important place for us as it was the location of our first date. We walked around a bit and went to Barnes and Noble. My Sweetie bought me a book of poetry. I need to write more poetry, I miss it. That along with my photography. Those have always been my creative outlets. My Sweetie also got me a iPhoto "how-to" book so I can learn about that program more. He is so wonderful in supporting my interests. Now the hard part is finding the time to do everything that I want with the CPA review.

After B&N we discovered we lacked cash for Amy's icecream. The solution? To go to the HEB and buy some icecream and sundae toppings. We brought it back and enjoyed the sundaes with my Mom - her payment for babysitting.

Such a wonderful wonderful day. A day to celebrate how much life can change in a year. TO celebrate how falling in love with a man again is so incredible. A year since our change, WOW!. That is all I can say, WOW. Now let me say it backwards WOW. Hehe one of my Sweetie's favorite sayings.

Now I am off to snuggle that man of mine. I am simply so happy right now.

A photo to close with: Bug with her favorite toy.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh I want you there, but we have to get together before then. The baptism is at St Lukes on the Lake on 620. If you want you can follow us there :-)