Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Thoughts

I am sitting at my kitchen table. My Bug is sleeping, her fever broke - thank goodness. My Sweetie is at Target getting supplies for the upcoming storm. I read that in 1961 a cat 1 hurricane hit this area and brought 22 tornados. I hope this cat 1 doesn't do the same. Although the hurricane people said we might have to board up our windows. We won't know until Friday. At least I don't have many windows.

I should be cleaning with family arriving in only hours. But I don't want to. Instead I paid bills, transferred balances, and am listening to a shuffle of Tori Amos, I love iTunes.

The good news? All our Houston relatives are coming to town. MIL wants us to get together on Friday night. I think it is a great idea. Plus it is good to be all together when we might not have power. But the truth is that coming includes two aunts, two uncles, one cousin, and one second cousin that have not met Bug. She must feel better in order to be the center of attention. Of course all these relatives are in-laws. But I consider them mine. I met them only after dating my Sweetie for a couple of weeks when I was 15. Nothing like jumping into the fire. The truth is that I love them because of the extended family that they are. I never had any aunts, uncles, or cousins. The closest was a second cousins on my mom's side that we never kept in touch with. Well I did see the girl second cousin when my Grandmother died. What I remember most is that my Mom's cousin has a daughter close to my age. My Grandpa went to visit (they have always lived out of state) when he returned he talked about her and I got so jealous. He was MY grandpa, what was he doing talking to other girls? Pretty recently, though, Mom has been e-mailing them. One day we will we will have a family reunion. But we must find that bible first ;-)

2 comments:

the greatest said...

Don't worry as much about Rita. I went to a meeting with county and state emergency people and they said that the people that need to worry are those people on the north side of the hurricane's path. Now this morning, the hurricane is heading for galveston which will mean we're on the south side. He had told us yesterday that if we're on the south side, we'll get at most 3 in of rain, but we will get some wind. While it might knock down some power lines, its not gonna be super catastrophic.

Which means I don't get out of jury duty tomorrow /cry

Missy said...

Thank you. I am less worried once hearing about it turning. But it sounds like Galveston is going to be bad.