Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Do what feels good

I have mentioned before how great I feel in my skin. I still have 10 pounds to lose to no longer be considered overweight and 4 extra pounds to be in WeightWatchers healthy weight range. That is not far considered all that I have lost. However, in 1997 I was in this range and thought I was huge. It is funny how we can be crazy at times.

Sweetie and I were talking last night about HNT. He thinks it is one man, which is true, who wants to see boobies and bottoms. What he thinks is amazing is that we are following along. He has no problem with me posting pictures, he just does not understand the full reason why we do it. I talk like I have done more than simply one HNT. But I know why I did, and will continue to do it. I do it because for the first time in my life I feel comfortable in my skin. Even when I was in chain mail at Ren Fair, I did not believe I looked good. I know I look good now. And if you don't think I do, I don't care. I am only including those who think I do in this survey. That is the biggest step for me, not caring what others think. I can't say that I am 100% cured on this, but I am working on it.

Being comfortable in my skin has also stopped me from working out like a mad woman in these last weeks before Carnaval. That is good. I always set myself up for failure like that. Right now I have had to focus on ME. On what I want for a career right now and what is best for my family. I hope this job still works out. I was once told, a position can not be considered filled until the first day of service. I have to agree. A lot can change between the talk of an offer and first day. However, nothing would change from my side, I still want the job very badly.

Today I have been a bum. Bug is in school and I have taken two naps so far, lol. The good thing is that it has been good sleep, not because of sadness. It was comfy, I can get away with it, kind of sleep. It is me being like a little kid and that is fun sometimes.

Now I need to finish this post so I can fold some laundry. Tonight is Gilmore Girls and I am cooking dinner for my mom, Sweetie and me. MamaDuck got me in the mood for baking. I might have everyone eat sugar cookies tonight for dinner. Then tonight, pending Bug going to sleep, I am going to color my hair and give myself a facial.

How much to ship this package?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You are my hero. I'm not comfortable with my body but I do HNT because it makes me feel better.

Oh, and I'd pay $1,000,000 for that package!

Grammy G said...

Hey where were my sugar cookies???

I LOVE that picture. Had to put it on my desk top. She is getting so big. Send the box C.O.D. I'll be pay whatever they ask.

Love,
Grammy G