Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Phoning it in

I write this during the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl. UT is playing so we watch. Sweetie watches very little football. However, when a game starts, he is like any other man, loud and distracted, lol.

The phone interview went well. I want it badly, almost too badly. Might even say this is pretty darn close to my current dream job. Looked at salary surveys as to get a general idea what the pay may be, never supposed to ask until an offer is made. Not bad at all. It is about the same pay cut that Sweetie took for his current (please note - much less stress and less hours) job. I met the lady I interviewed with before so I knew what to expect (hmmm a slight hint as to the company) and she was very nice. Best Friend says I need a female boss. We shall see. I will know something next week either way. And yes, I already sent a follow up e-mail, hope I wasn't too gushy.

If this does not work out, I am looking into substitute teaching. Always been in the back of my mind. But it is hard hard hard work. I totally admit that. I figure substitute teaching would give me a glance.

Bug is totally mobile. She started pulling herself up on Monday. It has not stopped and she follows us wherever we go. I love it. She is such a little person now. Today Sweetie was running late and asked me to take her to school. After I pouted and realized she could not stay home with me due to the phone interview, I agreed with Bug and we took a nap. After the nap I was strong and took her to school. This is only the second time since Sept 1st. I did good. She was having fun and playing with a friend as I left. And food wise, tonight we hit the jackpot, Dutch Apples. Who knew? She liked it almost as much as bread.

Well, it looks bad for the 'ol Longhorns. Anything can happen. However, I am going to get ready for bed.

Have a great night. I will keep everyone updated on the job front.

No comments: