Thursday, January 26, 2006

Will you still love me? - Chicago

I think I will start naming my posts according to what I am listening to. Or, most likely not, but today enjoy.

Yesterday and today have gone by much too quickly. Both days have been "mommy and bug" days. So wonderful. Yesterday was lunch with HS friends. We had a great time and had Little Caesar Pizza, I didn't eve know they were still around. The kids had fun and Bug helped me strap her into the carseat at the end. She was passed out by the time we got home, 5 minute drive. However, she did learn something yesterday, the art of climbing up. She has it down now, one foot goes up and then the next. She is getting too big.

Today was lunch with Kimberly and Tiff from my last job. I miss them. Bug was the best. Then they convinced me to go back to my old job and show off Bug. It was hard but asshole boss was not there. The best part? The temp said I look so good, actually said it a lot. Then she said she expected me to look stressed and haggard. And that I looked very stressed when I left. She said I looked so happy. Right on. I said that things had been better since leaving. I love it. Everyone was so impressed with the new job. And one co-worker who did work for this organization a number of years ago was very impressed. It made me feel good - esp since the company where Sweetie is working is going through some reorganization. Our experience in the past is that means getting rid of marketing/advertising. But we shall see. I am being optimistic, I am being optimistic.

After seeing the old coworkers, I took sweetie lunch. He said I looked so cute - white t-shirt, brown cargo pants, and UT Champion hat. He also said I looked so thin. This made me feel very good as this was what I wore when I saw old co-workers. Temp also asked if I lost more weight, I proudly said "yep I have lost 58 now" and she said it shows in my face.

Sweetie is working late tonight so Bug and I are having a girl's evening. She is into EVERYTHING so we are in her bedroom. And she is into EVERYTHING in here. My goodness, she is beyond mobile. She just keeps impressing us on a daily basis. And, by miracles of miracles, her socks have stayed on ALL day. I think this is a record since she learned she could take them off, or they could fall off from her movement.

1 comment:

Grammy G said...

I can't believe she is climbing up. It's only been two days since I saw her last and she has started something new. She is definitely getting big too fast.

Love,
Grammy G