Sunday, January 15, 2006

Friends like these

Title is an album/song title from a band called the John Barry Project. When you live in "The live music capital of the world" you can find a local band with much less than 6 degrees of separation. This is a jazz band. I worked with the Piano player when I worked with my Buddy Chris. I received the CD free because I liked the music. In my music appreciation class I wrote a poem about walking with the Music "December 1st" as the muse.

I am very blessed with the friends that I have, as I have said many many many times before. Crappy friends help you realize the good ones. I was lucky enough to dine with HowieMaui and her husband on Friday night. Sweetie, Bug, and I went with them to Hooters to celebrate my job pending background check. Then I headed to the Diva slumber party. It was a lot of fun but much less wild than I expected. There were six of us all together. BestFriend, DarkDiva, MotoDiva, and two "new" members to the group. We had IronDiva (she has completed many half ironmans and was nice enough to talk to me about endurance training, her first full ironman is scheduled for April and she expects it to take her 14 hours - OUCH), and BellaDiva (she is a henna artist with four kids). DarkDiva painted a beautiful dragon on MotoDiva's arm. It took four hours. The time slipped away as we talked and watched the artist at work.

I am also lucky enough to be in contact with several people from high school. Not the bitches mind you, I wrote them off. However, my favorite guy friend in HS is coming to see me. YAY. He lives in Maryland now, much too far away. I am not sure when I last saw him. It is a blur. I know I helped him move into the house where he got to know his wife. And I know he saw my tattoo, roses, when it was fresh. It must be almost 10 years. If everything goes right, I get to see him on the 6th for dinner. I cannot wait.

Yes, I am in a sappy kind of mood. Yesterday was family day and I soaked in all the time I could with Sweetie and Bug. We were going to fly kites, THANK YOU BESTFRIEND, but Bug and I needed a nap and it was too late when we woke up. That is ok, we needed the rest. Then this morning Bug wanted to sleep instead of going to church. The solution? Sweetie went with my mom and let us sleep (completely his suggestion too). It was so nice of him. When he got back I let him sleep, took the then awake Bug with me and Mom and did the grocery shopping/errands.

It is late. I will post more tomorrow. Hope those with the day off enjoy it and are safe. I am working on the house. It is much different to be home looking for a job than it is to be home waiting for a job to start.

Sweetie and I watched RC-gas cars race (bug slept through it). Very cool. Sweetie has two gas powered offroad cars that he received as payment for decorating a baby room in 1999. I think watching the race will make him want to get his cars running.

1 comment:

momma of 2 said...

My Big Guy (5 yrs) loves playing with his RC car, but I keep saying Hubby got it more for himself than Big Guy's b-day...but they love playing and we will have to get a second one, so Big Guy can actually play with it... Seeing that makes me wish it was warm out ... would be fun to watch.