Friday, January 13, 2006

WOO HOO

I got the job. Pending the background check, I got the job. The catch? It pays 16k less than my last job and 8k less than I expected. I am trying to negotiate it by 3k, sounds better to ba a multiple of 5. I must say, I would get like 7 weeks off a year. Almost comparable to the potential 7 months at my last job, lol.

I hate that this society is so obsessed with money. And DarkDiva's DH has been mentioning over and over about his 6 figure salary. I guess if he had a position that he could feel this strongly about he wouldn't mention it.

What the hell am I saying? I was making 1k less than this offer at my job with my Buddy Chris. This was from 2001-2003 that I made this salary. The catch, my Sweetie only waited tables at the time.

And when you find out the company, you will understand my problem with asking for more.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the salary negotiations. I hate that money matters so much, too, but such is life in our society.