Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It is Spring

I don't care that it is 48 days away, it is spring.

Today I was in full stupidity mode. Don't worry I will share.

Sweetie had to work through lunch so I ate my lean cuisine and decided to begin to complete my to-do list.

I packed the diaper bag. Put Bug in her carseat. Went to find my keys.

Could not find them.

Call Sweetie. He has a knack for helping me find them by simply being on the phone.

Find them, right where I put them on Sunday. Duh.

I check my pocket, touch the outside to feel the keys.

I put the carseat in the stroller - easier to get both the car.

I check my pocket, touch the outside to feel the keys.

I lock the door from the inside, but before I check my pocket, touch the outside to feel the keys.

I close the door and go to the car. It is unlocked. Strange. But I assume that I unlocked it.

I put Bug into the backseat, put the stroller in the back, get into the drivers side, reach into my pocket and pull out....

my watch.

No keys anywhere. I run to the back and everything is locked. Damn us for being good homeowners.

I call Sweetie and he says he will come and save me. I tell him not to rush. I had her diaper bag and it was in the 70s so we were set.

It was nap time so we ended up on my swing. I used the diaper bag as a pillow and had her sleep on me as we do on the couch. I had a blanket around her in case she got cold. I hate getting cold during a nap. I did not sleep. I enjoyed the weather. It was so beautiful. No clouds to be seen. It was the perfect kind of spring day. The kind where the wind causes sitting in the shade to be a little chilly but in the sunshine it was warm and inviting.

After about an hour, Sweetie rescued me - my hero - and I started the errands. I completed the most important one, shoes for carnaval. I hope that they work. I also bought the cutest pink messenger bag. While I was out, Sweetie called and said that the company finally hired him perm. Right on. He starts as an official employee - no longer contract - tomorrow.

It will be a good day for both.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Wow, so much good stuff going on for you right now, that's great! Good luck with your first day on the job. You have me so curious about what the non-profit is!

Your nap with Bug on the swing today sounds picture-perfect. Hope you're both feeling better...oh, and I love that photo of you two napping. Too cute, with her arm across your neck and all!