Sunday, January 22, 2006

You've come a long way, baby!

I found a journal tonight from early 2001. Things were not good then. You can read the unhappiness in my words. Looking back, I did not realize how things were. I was around the weight I am now but my confidence was totally opposite. I thought I was huge and ugly. I was suffering from depression but was not diagnosed yet. I had a "best friend" who spoke down to me and made fun of my schooling.

Reading these entries, there were only a few as I can never continue for long when I try to journal, I began to cry. Sweetie hugged and kissed me and told me how things are so very very different now. It is true. I am a completely different person than I was during this timeframe. But I cry for her. I cry for the old Missy. But I know I had to be her, had to experience her, in order for me to be who I am today. And I love who I am today. I am smart, cute, sexy, fun, a great mother, and a fantastic wife.

It is a strange feeling when you think you have come a distance but lack the proof to show you how far. Then you find the proof, in your own handwriting, and it is further than you ever imagined. It is a feeling of excitement, achievement, and an overall strange sensation.

Here's to growth, here's to change, here's to standing up for your life and making it what you want and what it should be. Most importantly, here's to knowing the good you have in life and grabbing hold to never let go.

I have to say, this makes me want to keep a better journal.

6 comments:

Crista said...

Wow. Congratulations on how far you've come, and keep writing!

Tammy said...

Good for you. I'm sad for the old Missy, but if not for her, you wouldn't be the great person you are today!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Heres to you, the you you are today!

Amazing isnt it I love reading old journal entries!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad that you feel so much more positive now! Good for you!

Unknown said...

Yea for you! :)

Keeping that journal around for many years to come may continue to teach you things about yourself.

Grammy G said...

You have grown into a remarkable woman and one that any mother would be proud to have. Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter.

Love,
Grammy G