Monday, January 09, 2006

A little faith and everything crossed

My father. He did not believe in working long hours only for fancy things to take the place of parents. We were not poor, but we had our rough times. My dad owned his own business and taught us that family came first. While family vacations were few due to the work, he did eat 99.9% of all dinners with the family and enjoyed weekends with us. This is how I was raised.

I got myself all pretty for the interview. The location is so good, very close to both Mom and MIL's work. I met quite a few of the staff. Most are blonde, thin, and pretty. Sweetie said I can dye my hair blonde and I will fit in nicely. He is so good to me. The interview went well. My office would be cute and very me. I would decorate it with photos of bug and sweetie. The people are so nice. Boss would be female, best friend says I need this. The next step of the process is a phone interview with the Controller in New York at the main office. At the end of our discussion she wished me well, shook my hand, and told me that she would be in contact with me.

I went down the street to my Mom's work and we went to lunch, after sending a thank you e-mail to the women I met. So nice. After lunch I went to Target, yes again. I am in desperate need of underwear. My bikinis are looking like briefs. I got some wonderful ones that make me feel pretty. Shortly after getting comfortable with my computer I get a call from - wait for it - the controller in New York. He said the woman likes me a lot.

Of course there is always a problem. You see this job is an office manager/bookkeeper position. Very different path. I am very over qualified for the position. However, if you knew the company, you would understand. It is not about the money. It is about coming home and being happy. He is concerned about me becoming bored and finding another job quickly. At the end he said that he will let it be the woman's decision.

I called Sweetie and asked him his opinion since this accountant said he would not take a job like this if he were me. Sweetie kept saying that this is the job for me. It will make me happy. He told me "this job is for you. Its -good- for you and good -for- you." This is very much a Sweetie comment. I wrote to the lady and told her that I still remain interested.

Mom told me this "Just close you eyes, jump off the cliff and trust. You'll land softly".

The next step, if she still likes me, is a background check. This takes a couple of days. I probably won't know anything more until the end of the week.

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Good luck. I am sending good thoughts that you get the job!